DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Security Code on Kenwood CD player (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/39680-security-code-kenwood-cd-player.html)

a October 15th 03 08:25 AM

Security Code on Kenwood CD player

I bought a Kenwood CD player from a pawn shop last week and it has a
security code on it. The pawn shop doesn't have the code and kenwood
says i need to have the original reciepts to have them reset it.
I was wondering if anyone know's how to reset this CD player?
It is a Excelon modem KDC-X559 car cd player.

thanx!!

Marcus October 15th 03 09:36 AM

Security Code on Kenwood CD player

Wrap it in several layers of cling film and leave it in the freezer for a
few days.

--
Regards
Marcus

L1ange bleu October 16th 03 03:53 AM

Security Code on Kenwood CD player

I'm just curious...would you please let me know if you find out how to reset
those codes?
Alphie

a October 16th 03 08:49 AM

Security Code on Kenwood CD player

will the seriously work?

i haven't found anything except "take it to an authorized repair center" for
an answer when searching.

also, if that's not a good answer or doesn't work, will the service manual
have the info i need to reset it?

thank you.