DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vivitar Vivicam3740. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/396614-vivitar-vivicam3740.html)

Ian Field July 6th 16 07:46 PM

Vivitar Vivicam3740.

Pretty weird behavior..................................

Took a picture yesterday, tried to copy it to HDD and it disappeared without
trace.

Took another picture today and checked the boxes so it was copied to folder
with a number added to the name.

Today; opened file on the camera and it displays the picture that went
missing yesterday - but any attempt to save it saves a copy of todays
picture.

[email protected] July 7th 16 02:59 PM

Vivitar Vivicam3740.

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:46:03 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
Pretty weird behavior..................................

Took a picture yesterday, tried to copy it to HDD and it disappeared without
trace.

Took another picture today and checked the boxes so it was copied to folder
with a number added to the name.

Today; opened file on the camera and it displays the picture that went
missing yesterday - but any attempt to save it saves a copy of todays
picture.

right click the icon and select refresh (or update) thumbnail

Ian Field July 7th 16 06:33 PM

Vivitar Vivicam3740.

wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:46:03 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
Pretty weird behavior..................................

Took a picture yesterday, tried to copy it to HDD and it disappeared
without
trace.

Took another picture today and checked the boxes so it was copied to
folder
with a number added to the name.

Today; opened file on the camera and it displays the picture that went
missing yesterday - but any attempt to save it saves a copy of todays
picture.

right click the icon and select refresh (or update) thumbnail

I tried everything I could think of, and still can't figure out the location
of the ghost image I thought I'd lost.

Its a fairly old camera that probably didn't anticipate the smallest
capacity SD card you can buy nowadays - I'll try it without and see if its
still confused.

Ian Field July 7th 16 06:46 PM

Vivitar Vivicam3740.

"Ian Field" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

PS: Now its decided to output .AVI files, so I have to download an app to
open them.