Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vivitar Vivicam3740.

Pretty weird behavior..................................

Took a picture yesterday, tried to copy it to HDD and it disappeared without
trace.

Took another picture today and checked the boxes so it was copied to folder
with a number added to the name.

Today; opened file on the camera and it displays the picture that went
missing yesterday - but any attempt to save it saves a copy of todays
picture.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:46:03 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
Pretty weird behavior..................................

Took a picture yesterday, tried to copy it to HDD and it disappeared without
trace.

Took another picture today and checked the boxes so it was copied to folder
with a number added to the name.

Today; opened file on the camera and it displays the picture that went
missing yesterday - but any attempt to save it saves a copy of todays
picture.

right click the icon and select refresh (or update) thumbnail

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:46:03 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
Pretty weird behavior..................................

Took a picture yesterday, tried to copy it to HDD and it disappeared
without
trace.

Took another picture today and checked the boxes so it was copied to
folder
with a number added to the name.

Today; opened file on the camera and it displays the picture that went
missing yesterday - but any attempt to save it saves a copy of todays
picture.

right click the icon and select refresh (or update) thumbnail

I tried everything I could think of, and still can't figure out the location
of the ghost image I thought I'd lost.

Its a fairly old camera that probably didn't anticipate the smallest
capacity SD card you can buy nowadays - I'll try it without and see if its
still confused.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ian Field" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

PS: Now its decided to output .AVI files, so I have to download an app to
open them.

Vivitar 283 repair? Bill Baxter Electronics Repair 2 February 6th 16 09:16 PM
Vivitar 365 flash unit [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 December 18th 12 10:14 PM
Vivitar Flash Gun John UK diy 10 January 3rd 11 08:15 PM
Vivitar 285 flash schematic/info wanted [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 November 22nd 05 07:20 PM
Vivitar 285 Disassembly Instructions Yusuf Motiwala Electronics Repair 0 May 17th 04 07:04 PM