Thomas Abell

Default Mitsubishi PIP???

I have a question regarding a 35" direct view Mitsubishi TV, Model CK-35402.
This set is in a customer's house quite a distance away and I am hopeful
that I can repair it in one trip.

Symptoms are Sound-OK, On-Screen Menus-OK, video missing in all modes, both
tuner as well as all external inputs. The problem came on suddenly. My
question is this..if it were a common PIP issue, would we not expect to see
normal video when using the aux inputs? If it helps, this set uses the
930B552012 PIP module but I don't know anything else about it yet.

My gut tells me that the problem lies somewhere in the video switching
circuit, not the pip. What do you all think? TIA!

JohnAce

Most likely it's the PIP. You should be able to see the leaky caps on the
board. You can bypass the pip to make sure.
JohnAce

Most likely it's the PIP. You should be able to see the leaky caps on the
board. You can bypass the pip to make sure.
Bill Jr

I would have to concur.
All video sources go thru the PIP module.
Both the main and PIP source.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"JohnAce" wrote in message
Most likely it's the PIP. You should be able to see the leaky caps on the
board. You can bypass the pip to make sure.

James Sweet

This is almost always the PIP board, and even if that board isn't causing
the current problem (unlikely) it will be in the near future, I suggest
replacing the surface mount caps on it, I repaired several of these within a
few months that all had the same problem.

. net...