DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FG507 Again! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/394486-fg507-again.html)

Charles May 16th 16 09:23 PM

FG507 Again!

Hi folks,

I am cleaning out and ran across the FG 507 I posted about years ago. It
seemed a shame to toss it, so I went to work.

It is a Tektronix 2 MHz function generator with sweep and it died completely
after my old posts. Found no -20 volts and
also found a burnt resistor, blown fuse, and a blown NPN TO-3 on the back of
the mainframe. Went to work on all that
and then found that the -20 volt bus was shorted. Replaced two 6.8 uF
tantalums and the generator fired up. Worked for
a while and then it started to act up so I also replaced two more 6.8
tantalums on the +20 volt bus. All seems OK now.

The THD was out of spec. so I diddled 3 pots and it looks good. All seems
normal now.

Thanks again to all who posted about this years ago.