DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vishay TSAL6102 alternative (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/393104-vishay-tsal6102-alternative.html)

[email protected] April 9th 16 04:15 PM

Vishay TSAL6102 alternative

Hello All,

I am looking for an alternative to Vishay TSAL6102 (http://www.vishay.com/docs/84337/tsal6102.pdf). The two important parameters for me are (a) Irradiance (220 mW/sr) and (b) wavelength (940 nm). Response time (15 nS) and degree of 1/2 emission (+-10 degrees) are not that important but the closer a match is possible, the better.

I found some matches but none of them seem to be available as sample or in quantity less than few thousands. (I am a DIYer and need only 10 or so).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

[email protected] April 9th 16 05:25 PM

Vishay TSAL6102 alternative

http://www.jameco.com/1/3/infrared-led-940nm

http://www.ledsupply.com/leds/5mm-le...7T5hoCfJrw_wcB

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...rblBoCEi7w_wcB

The last link is to the original, readily available in 1 to 1000 quantities.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

[email protected] April 10th 16 05:17 PM

Vishay TSAL6102 alternative

Thank you very much. All the links look promising.

The LED Supply link has a luminous intensity of 20 mW. I am not sure if this is same as Irradiance, which I need to be 220 mW/sr.

Nonetheless, both Jameco and LED supply are good sources and I will explore more.

[email protected] April 10th 16 06:07 PM

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 12:17:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thank you very much. All the links look promising.

The LED Supply link has a luminous intensity of 20 mW. I am not sure if this is same as Irradiance, which I need to be 220 mW/sr.

Nonetheless, both Jameco and LED supply are good sources and I will explore more.

Well, you have this one, with an irradiance of 550mW/sr, more than you need at a princely $0.36 each.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...q6Xyji1A%3d%3d

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

[email protected] April 15th 16 03:46 PM

Vishay TSAL6102 alternative

Thanks again. Your pointers led (pun intended) me to the exact matches I am looking for:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...aQ61B6eFo% 3d

and

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...7lNTCZQLY% 3d

Greatly appreciated.