Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vishay TSAL6102 alternative

Hello All,

I am looking for an alternative to Vishay TSAL6102 (http://www.vishay.com/docs/84337/tsal6102.pdf). The two important parameters for me are (a) Irradiance (220 mW/sr) and (b) wavelength (940 nm). Response time (15 nS) and degree of 1/2 emission (+-10 degrees) are not that important but the closer a match is possible, the better.

I found some matches but none of them seem to be available as sample or in quantity less than few thousands. (I am a DIYer and need only 10 or so).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.jameco.com/1/3/infrared-led-940nm

http://www.ledsupply.com/leds/5mm-le...7T5hoCfJrw_wcB

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...rblBoCEi7w_wcB

The last link is to the original, readily available in 1 to 1000 quantities.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thank you very much. All the links look promising.

The LED Supply link has a luminous intensity of 20 mW. I am not sure if this is same as Irradiance, which I need to be 220 mW/sr.

Nonetheless, both Jameco and LED supply are good sources and I will explore more.

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 9:25:20 AM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.jameco.com/1/3/infrared-led-940nm

http://www.ledsupply.com/leds/5mm-le...7T5hoCfJrw_wcB

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...rblBoCEi7w_wcB

The last link is to the original, readily available in 1 to 1000 quantities.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 12:17:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thank you very much. All the links look promising.

The LED Supply link has a luminous intensity of 20 mW. I am not sure if this is same as Irradiance, which I need to be 220 mW/sr.

Nonetheless, both Jameco and LED supply are good sources and I will explore more.

Well, you have this one, with an irradiance of 550mW/sr, more than you need at a princely $0.36 each.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...q6Xyji1A%3d%3d

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks again. Your pointers led (pun intended) me to the exact matches I am looking for:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...aQ61B6eFo% 3d

and

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...7lNTCZQLY% 3d

Greatly appreciated.

Alternative to TLC Stuart B UK diy 3 April 3rd 07 06:59 PM
red oak alternative K Anthony Woodworking 10 August 19th 06 04:20 PM
Pallet Wood Recycling (was; Alternative Furnishing Ideas 2 [Was; ' alternative furnishing ideas?']) Warm Worm Woodworking 5 May 23rd 06 04:02 AM
looking for a Vishay/Dale resistor AlexB Electronics 0 November 13th 05 01:23 AM
fet alternative Funfly3 Electronics Repair 0 May 7th 05 09:32 AM