DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HDMI to baseband AV converter (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/391479-hdmi-baseband-av-converter.html)

[email protected] March 4th 16 09:43 PM

HDMI to baseband AV converter

My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two audio RCA
connectors broken off in the set. I looked at it and it does not seem
feasible to try to remove them. Although that was the last A/V input,
he has an abundance of unused HDMI inputs. Is there an adapter that
will convert a base band input to an HDMI output? With base band going
in I wouldn't expect a high definition picture coming out, but just
480 resolution along with standard analog sound would be fine to utilize one of his other unused HDMI inputs on the TV. Thanks,
Lenny

[email protected] March 5th 16 02:30 AM

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:
My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two
audio RCA connectors broken off in the set. I looked at it and it does
not seem feasible to try to remove them. Although that was the last A/V
input, he has an abundance of unused HDMI inputs. Is there an adapter
that will convert a base band input to an HDMI output? With base band
going in. I wouldn't expect a high definition picture coming out, but just
480 resolution along with standard analog sound would be fine to utilize
one of his other unused HDMI inputs on the TV. Thanks,
Lenny

Do a "rgb hdmi" search on eBay.

Chuck[_20_] March 5th 16 02:37 AM

HDMI to baseband AV converter

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 13:43:33 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two audio RCA
connectors broken off in the set. I looked at it and it does not seem
feasible to try to remove them. Although that was the last A/V input,
he has an abundance of unused HDMI inputs. Is there an adapter that
will convert a base band input to an HDMI output? With base band going
in I wouldn't expect a high definition picture coming out, but just
480 resolution along with standard analog sound would be fine to utilize one of his other unused HDMI inputs on the TV. Thanks,
Lenny

Lenny,

Here you go.
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9994 Chuck

---

whit3rd March 6th 16 12:09 AM

HDMI to baseband AV converter

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:
My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two audio RCA
connectors broken... Is there an adapter that
will convert a base band input to an HDMI output?

Don't do that. Broken connectors are easily replaced (maybe even repaired).
It takes some disassembly, and soldering tools, but under an hour of labor.
Adapters like you describe are about as expensive as another TV...