Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HDMI to baseband AV converter

My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two audio RCA
connectors broken off in the set. I looked at it and it does not seem
feasible to try to remove them. Although that was the last A/V input,
he has an abundance of unused HDMI inputs. Is there an adapter that
will convert a base band input to an HDMI output? With base band going
in I wouldn't expect a high definition picture coming out, but just
480 resolution along with standard analog sound would be fine to utilize one of his other unused HDMI inputs on the TV. Thanks,
Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:
My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two
audio RCA connectors broken off in the set. I looked at it and it does
not seem feasible to try to remove them. Although that was the last A/V
input, he has an abundance of unused HDMI inputs. Is there an adapter
that will convert a base band input to an HDMI output? With base band
going in. I wouldn't expect a high definition picture coming out, but just
480 resolution along with standard analog sound would be fine to utilize
one of his other unused HDMI inputs on the TV. Thanks,
Lenny

Do a "rgb hdmi" search on eBay.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:
My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two audio RCA
connectors broken... Is there an adapter that
will convert a base band input to an HDMI output?

Don't do that. Broken connectors are easily replaced (maybe even repaired).
It takes some disassembly, and soldering tools, but under an hour of labor.
Adapters like you describe are about as expensive as another TV...

TVI to HDMI Bill Wright[_3_] UK diy 7 January 26th 16 11:13 PM
Max HDMI length. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 20 December 20th 13 07:44 PM
RCA to HDMI - this simple? Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 12 December 15th 13 11:21 AM
CEC (HDMI) Hacking? Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 0 June 16th 12 09:10 PM
HDMI-CEC Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 0 June 4th 12 03:11 AM