Decij

Default Function of Eyepiece on Camcorder

About 1 week ago, I posted a question about a lost viewfinder on my CG 504
GE Camcorder (about 8 years old-- VHS-C). It turns out that what I lost was
the eyepiece attached to the viewfinder and not the viewfinder itself.

I have several questions. 1. What is the function of the eyepiece? 2.
Would a magnifying glass or something similar give me a rough fix until, I can
buy an old Camcorder for parts? If anyone has any additional suggestions,
they are welcome. This has been a good camcorder, and I would hate to have to
throw it away merely because I lost a simple piece.

Thanks,

JD
Wayne Tiffany

On my camcorder, the eyepiece does, in fact, provide magnification to the
viewscreen. So, yes, a magnifying glass should work, although it would be a
bit hard to hold it in place at the same time as taping.

WT