Richard

Default ctc169L2 HELP PLEASE

Hi, I'm working on F26071ES ctc169L2. rca tv.
This set was dead , with Q4401 short.
The main fuse was not open.
I have check for another defect componement who cause Q4401 SHORT , but I
did not find.it.
I dont want replace new q4401 for now ,. because I am sure than something
else is short to ground.
Could you help me ?....
Richard....
sorry for my english

RonKZ650

Hi, I'm working on F26071ES ctc169L2. rca tv.
This set was dead , with Q4401 short.

Normally Q4401 shorts from a bad capacitor or diode off it's collector lead.
CR4401,CR4402, C4401, C4402 are the suspect components. Some sets don't use all
4 of these parts. Replace all that the set uses.
Other possible causes are bad solder connections, open yoke coupler cap C4403,
or open capacitors in the power supply C4102 and C4104 which cause the power
supply voltage to run too high.
A shorted Q4401 does no further damage to the set. The fuse will not blow.
Ron