Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crown schematic, anyone ?

Anyone got the schematics for a Crown XLS5000 ? I'm most interested in the
board that the mains comes in to. There's a bloody great disc something
inside a big lump of heatshrink, and serious flames shoot out of it before
every trip and fuse in the workshop goes out ...

If I bring it up on the variac, I can't get beyond about 20 volts before the
poor thing is jumping off the bench, so there's a good short on there
somewhere. I initially thought that the disc might be a big VDR that was
short, but looking up the part number on the second one that's on there for
the other half of the amp, it appears to be an inrush thermistor, so I guess
whatever is short, must be south of that ...

Arfa