SPal508596

Default PC interference affects radio and Plasma tv

My radio and plasma TV start to have interference when I switch my PC on. Does
anyone know a cure for this?

Cheers
Mike Berger

Don't switch the PC on while watching TV or listening to the radio.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

SPal508596 wrote:

My radio and plasma TV start to have interference when I switch my PC on. Does
anyone know a cure for this?

Cheers

Rick

"SPal508596" wrote in message ...
My radio and plasma TV start to have interference when I switch my PC on. Does
anyone know a cure for this?

1. Get a better shielded computer case.
2. Move the PC further away from your TV and radio.

Rick

H. R. Bob Hofmann

(SPal508596) wrote in message ...
What do you mean by better shielded case? Where can I get one from?

The FCC might like to hear about this one. The FCC has strong rules
about the amount of interference any electronic device can give off.
Personal computers are required to meet FCC Part 15, Class B limits on
emissions. There should be a sticker on the back/bottom of the
computer saying it meets the FCC Class B limits. If there is no
sticker, you should notify your nearest FCC Field Bureau. They should
be in the phone book.

As a short-term fix, you can try powering the computer from a separate
circuit than the ccircuit used to power the victim appliances. Use a
circuit that is on the opposite side of the 120-240 V distribution
line if at all possible. This will reduce/eliminate conducted
interference via the power lines. If that has no effect, then you are
victim of radiated interference that may be coming from the computer
and any accesories from their power lines or interconnecting cables,
or maybe even directly out of the cabinet. The manufacturer should be
contacted as well as the FCC, because it just might be possible that
in addition to emissions that are effecting your tc, etc, they may
also be effecting nearby airplanes and other innocent victims. Better
to be safe than sorry. BTW, I teach a course annually on how to make
the radiated and conducted emissions measurements to the FCC
requirements, and did these measurements for a living for many, many
years.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann
Daniel Rudy

Somewhere around the time of 08/29/2003 18:31, the world stopped and
listened as H. R. Bob Hofmann spoke these words of wisdom...:

[...]

Wouldn't a better ground on the case and cover work?

--
Daniel Rudy

Remove nospam, invalid, and 0123456789 to reply.