DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DVD Media Player Drive Belt Replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/378471-dvd-media-player-drive-belt-replacement.html)

OldGuy May 21st 15 04:39 PM

DVD Media Player Drive Belt Replacement

I have a DVD Media Player Drive sd-6100ku Toshiba with a slipping DVD
door opening drive belt. The door will open if I give it a slight push
from inside the unit.

I looked at using an O-Ring but the ones I find are too fat and just
do not fit.

I looked on line for some kind of drive belt kit but was unable to
match up with the belt I have.

The belt is approximately:
3 cm diameter
2mm thick with a square cross-section.

Is there an easy fix? Or any fix

N_Cook May 21st 15 06:05 PM

On 21/05/2015 16:39, OldGuy wrote:
I have a DVD Media Player Drive sd-6100ku Toshiba with a slipping DVD
door opening drive belt. The door will open if I give it a slight push
from inside the unit.

I looked at using an O-Ring but the ones I find are too fat and just do
not fit.

I looked on line for some kind of drive belt kit but was unable to match
up with the belt I have.

The belt is approximately:
3 cm diameter
2mm thick with a square cross-section.

Is there an easy fix? Or any fix

Get one of these
http://www.dx.com/p/m-fun-mel0292-mi...l-green-175693
slice up into rings and then slice an appropriate ring down to something
like the cross-section needed. As no audio quality issue involved
(wow/flutter) you don't need to slice up with any precision. With
practise and the right techhnique you can slice these funnels to flat
bands as well as square.

Michael Black[_2_] May 21st 15 08:10 PM

On Thu, 21 May 2015, OldGuy wrote:

I have a DVD Media Player Drive sd-6100ku Toshiba with a slipping DVD door
opening drive belt. The door will open if I give it a slight push from
inside the unit.

I looked at using an O-Ring but the ones I find are too fat and just do not
fit.

I looked on line for some kind of drive belt kit but was unable to match up
with the belt I have.

The belt is approximately:
3 cm diameter
2mm thick with a square cross-section.

Is there an easy fix? Or any fix

No.

But an important consideration is that anything that works will do.

Since this is just closing and opening the drawer, uneveness will not be a
factor.

If this was driving the disk (or driving the turntable in a turntable),
any uneveness would get into the sound (well maybe not with a CD player).
There you need a legit belt.

Here, cutting an elastic band, if you can find one close, would be fine.

Michael