Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What about this Bondstec Microwave Oven BT - 612MW

Op zondag 2 september 2001 11:12:23 UTC+2 schreef spaces_added_to_avoid_spam:
I got a Bondstec Microwave Oven BT - 612MW. I think it is one of the first
microwaves, and nobody in The Netherlands has ever heard of this trade mark.
I have been looking for manuals but no success so far. Could anyone
enlighten me on what Bondstec IS, actually (I only found references to video
equipment and remote controls and that stuff, but no proof whatsoever they
ever manufactured microwaves. But they did! I have one!)
I would be interested in finding a manual? From which country is Bondstec
anyway?

Thanks in advance for your help!
.................................................. ..
c t e r w i e l @ w a n a d o o . n l
(Remove spaces. Spaces added to avoid spam)

Well,how nice this is, I have one also without a manual, so cannot help you there. I have a BT-501 MW. Does this mean he is even older? Someone gave it to me somewhere between 1990 and 1995(used)and it is stll going strong.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I also have a BT 501MW, which was manufactured back in 1987 and sold in the Netherlands.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 13:53:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 22 October 2017 17:39:41 UTC+1, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 06:43:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
I also have a BT 501MW, which was manufactured back in 1987 and sold in the Netherlands.

heh.. How cute!
A google grooper's "Me Too" followup to a 3-year-old followup --
which, itself, was yet another google grooper doing a followup
on a 13-year-old post from Sept. 2, 2001.

fwliw, the first domestic nuke was the 1967 Radarange. It had a door that opened downwards and an unsafely basic interlock. A rather different animal to any 1987 thing.

In 1972 or thereabouts when I was 15 or 16 a friend of mine had me
over for lunch in the new house his family had just moved into. It had
a Radarange/conventional oven combo in the kitchen. We nuked hotdogs
in the bun in the thing. I was duly impressed until about half way
through the hot dog when the bun got pretty tough as it cooled. But we
loved the thing so we nuked several more naked hot dogs and had them
on un-nuked buns. I remember wondering why there was a thing that
looked kinda like an antenna in the oven. We watched it rotate through
the oven window and figured it probably bounced the microwaves inside
the oven, kinda like stirring. And the oven window was weird too
because it wasn't plain glass but had a screen in it. It took us a few
days to realize why it had a screen. That thing was cool.
Eric