Robert Morein

Default Need to install fan in DVD player...

"Hank" wrote in message
I'd like to put a small but quiet fan right up against the side of the

player so that the player can be tucked back into the entertainment center
and I no longer have to have that relatively large 6" fan propped up on a
box in front of my entertainment center. I'd also like for the fan to be
regular a/c so I can plug it into the switched a/c outlet in my receiver.
Any ideas of what kind of fan to buy and where to buy it (hopefully
relatively inexpensively)?
Thanks,
Hank

P.S. The problem does not lie in its proximity to other heat producing
equipment. I've tried taking it out of the entertainment center with the
cover off and it still overheated. It needs the forced air flow. I'm

trying
to avoid buying a new dvd because it works fine with forced air

ventilation.

This unit doesn't need a fan, it needs a repair.
It's not clear to me whether you want to install a fan that blows through
the player, but that would be a no-go, because the optical mechanism is very
sensitive to dust. It is designed to work only in a dust shielded
environment.

EsMot

Hank,

It's maybe redundant with what Robert said: if you keep the DVD opened and
that big fan blowing into it long enough you'll be probably forced to buy a
new DVD for yours will turn blind... Try to determine which component is
overheating and if possible replace it. Sometimes a capacitor does this, if
in the power module you may end up with a higher (or lower) voltage that may
cause the freeze. Just a guess...

SM

"Hank" wrote in message
I have a Phillips/Magnavox DVD player slightly over a year old that

started
overheating on me and freezing. My temporary (and effective) solution has
been to take of the cover, exposing the top and sides. I have my cd player
on top of it so only the two side are open. I then have placed a small
desktop type personal fan in front of the entertainment center and squewed
the player so that the air will blow thru the player. This has kept it

from
overheating.