Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Behringer UC200, chorus effect pedal

Used with DC supply, not battery (horrible battery access). Only
unprocessed sound on pushing pedal , but the LED comes on, usual brightness.
I've not had any failure with it, normal function.
Somewhere between 400R and 1K in series with the supply, simulating
dirty contact, processing fails and LED on but only feint.
So not power connector diverter switch or input Ring/Sleeve contact
problem presumably. PbF problem, but where is most likely?
Incidently is the casing really ABS? says so on the mold mark inside but
it has the look and feel of nasty breakable polystyrene
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I was monitoring the B output and that was ok, assuming the A output was
just feedthrough , but RTFM fashion A and B are stereo outputs and he'd
been using the A output which is failing to switch over to chorus , so
will have to probe the 4558 that feeds A, if not B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring the B output and that was ok, assuming the A output was
just feedthrough , but RTFM fashion A and B are stereo outputs and he'd
been using the A output which is failing to switch over to chorus , so
will have to probe the 4558 that feeds A, if not B

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message

On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

I think Dave has a point here. The cost of a new one is something around
the cost of half an hour's labour.
Which pretty much makes any repair whatsoever unviable.

http://www.woodbrass.com/en/effet-gu...FfOhtAodGnUAJw

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 20:49:13 +0100, Gareth Magennis wrote:
"Sjouke Burry" wrote:
On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

I think Dave has a point here. The cost of a new one is something around
the cost of half an hour's labour.
Which pretty much makes any repair whatsoever unviable.

Except, with each repair (attempt) comes a little learning --- if only
that you learn to "Never do _this_ again." :-)

Jonesy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

et...

"Sjouke Burry" wrote:
On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

I think Dave has a point here. The cost of a new one is something around
the cost of half an hour's labour.
Which pretty much makes any repair whatsoever unviable.

Except, with each repair (attempt) comes a little learning --- if only
that you learn to "Never do _this_ again." :-)

Jonesy

True, but who is paying for this repair?

A half hour's labour will buy you a new pedal with a 3 year warranty.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 09/03/2014 09:00 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

That is what my 50 years of experience tells me to do with Behringer pedals.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sjouke Burry" wrote:
On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

I think Dave has a point here. The cost of a new one is something around
the cost of half an hour's labour.
Which pretty much makes any repair whatsoever unviable.

Except, with each repair (attempt) comes a little learning --- if only
that you learn to "Never do _this_ again." :-)

Jonesy

True, but who is paying for this repair?

A half hour's labour will buy you a new pedal with a 3 year warranty.

Gareth.

Plus, any good stuff that might teach you a new trick is embedded in
epoxy to slow down the patent attorneys.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

m...

"Sjouke Burry" wrote:
On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
On 09/03/2014 03:56 AM, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring

CUT

You can buy a new one for $30 or less, why bother?

Why are you reverse participating in a repair group?
Is "buy a new one" the sum total of your technical knowledge?

I think Dave has a point here. The cost of a new one is something around
the cost of half an hour's labour.
Which pretty much makes any repair whatsoever unviable.

Except, with each repair (attempt) comes a little learning --- if only
that you learn to "Never do _this_ again." :-)

Jonesy

True, but who is paying for this repair?

A half hour's labour will buy you a new pedal with a 3 year warranty.

Gareth.

Plus, any good stuff that might teach you a new trick is embedded in
epoxy to slow down the patent attorneys.

The last thing I saw embedded in epoxy was an ARP filter module from the
70's.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message news

m...

"Sjouke Burry" wrote:
On 03.09.14 15:53, dave wrote:
[...]

Oh, I forgot the API "op-amp" in its unfeasibly large package.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 03/09/2014 11:56, N_Cook wrote:
I was monitoring the B output and that was ok, assuming the A output was
just feedthrough , but RTFM fashion A and B are stereo outputs and he'd
been using the A output which is failing to switch over to chorus , so
will have to probe the 4558 that feeds A, if not B

I suspect I'm chasing scotch mist. Owner uses wiht guitar , then wants
to record with a stereofied version. I suspect this is a different
flavour of UC200 although no subscript found. I was noting upside down
and A output is chorus and B is feedthrough. As both outputs of the
chorus chip are bridged across with a pcb trace, then perhaps only ever
a mono version.