Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default What's this symbol?

What is it? ::

http://oi62.tinypic.com/28u69on.jpg

Itıs adjacent to a 3.5 mm jack on the back of a 24² LCD monitor. The
documentation doesnıt call out this connector.*

It *almost* looks like an audio connector symbol except for the arrow-thing.
No audio coming out of it; I plugged in amplified speakers andŠ nothing.*

Ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Audio in.

Ah, makes sense.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On 22.06.14 0:35, DaveC wrote:
What is it? ::

http://oi62.tinypic.com/28u69on.jpg

Itıs adjacent to a 3.5 mm jack on the back of a 24² LCD monitor. The
documentation doesnıt call out this connector.

It *almost* looks like an audio connector symbol except for the arrow-thing.
No audio coming out of it; I plugged in amplified speakers andŠ nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

It looks to me like an audio in connector.
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 15:35:42 -0700, DaveC wrote:

What is it? ::

http://oi62.tinypic.com/28u69on.jpg

Itıs adjacent to a 3.5 mm jack on the back of a 24² LCD monitor. The
documentation doesnıt call out this connector.*

It *almost* looks like an audio connector symbol except for the arrow-thing.
No audio coming out of it; I plugged in amplified speakers andŠ nothing.*

Stereo input.

From the 1994 SGI Indy workstation:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi/0530/bks/SGI_Developer/books/DMediaDev_PG/sgi_html/ch04.html

--