Tweetldee

Default Need calibration procedure

I hope someone can point me to a source for the calibration procedure for a
B&K model 707 tube tester.
I've looked through all the normal test equipment manual vendors' sites, and
the boat anchor sites, and found sopies of the user manual and charts, but
not the cal procedure. I have the user manual and tube data manuals, so I
don't need a source for those.

Thanks for the help,

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Marko

T: I have a 707 and I got my manual from W7FG manuals. They are online. I
do recall that you need a 20,000 ohms/volt meter for some of it. The manual
also talks about RMS voltages for calibration. After considerable confusion
I learned that all ac voltmeters are RMS for sin waves at 60Hz... In fact
the 120VAC from the wall plug is an RMS voltage. Mark
"Tweetldee" wrote in message
I hope someone can point me to a source for the calibration procedure for

B&K model 707 tube tester.
I've looked through all the normal test equipment manual vendors' sites,

and
the boat anchor sites, and found sopies of the user manual and charts, but
not the cal procedure. I have the user manual and tube data manuals, so I
don't need a source for those.

Thanks for the help,

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in

the
address)

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Ray L. Volts

"Tweetldee" wrote in message
I hope someone can point me to a source for the calibration procedure for

B&K model 707 tube tester.
I've looked through all the normal test equipment manual vendors' sites,

and
the boat anchor sites, and found sopies of the user manual and charts, but
not the cal procedure. I have the user manual and tube data manuals, so I
don't need a source for those.

took about 5 seconds to find via Google...

http://www.idalis.com/images/bk707.htm

Service adjustments begin on page 11. Schematic is included.

Tweetldee

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

"Tweetldee" wrote in message
I hope someone can point me to a source for the calibration procedure

for
B&K model 707 tube tester.
I've looked through all the normal test equipment manual vendors' sites,

and
the boat anchor sites, and found sopies of the user manual and charts,

but
not the cal procedure. I have the user manual and tube data manuals, so

don't need a source for those.

took about 5 seconds to find via Google...

http://www.idalis.com/images/bk707.htm

Service adjustments begin on page 11. Schematic is included.

Thanks for the link. I had Googled till my eyes crossed, but didn't hit on
it. May have been way down in the hit list and I just didn't get to it. I
think part of my search criteria was for "B&K", not "B & K". Makes a big
difference with search engines.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Ray L. Volts

"Tweetldee" wrote in message
Thanks for the link. I had Googled till my eyes crossed, but didn't hit

on
it. May have been way down in the hit list and I just didn't get to it.

think part of my search criteria was for "B&K", not "B & K". Makes a big
difference with search engines.

The string I used was B&K 707 calibration (no quotation marks). The link I
sent ya was the very first hit.
I have an old Eico tester. This B&K looks to be more elaborate, though.
I'll have to check out Ebay. I might want to pick one up myself.

Good luck with yours,
Ray