Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default I bought a Moto G from Motorola, and it doesn't come with aCHARGER!

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 08:59:30 -0500, SC Tom wrote:

The output of the charger really doesn't matter, as long as it meets the
minimum requirements of the device

Which is as much as 1.5 Amps!

So, it /does/ matter.

A lot!

Most usb chargers can't deliver anywhere near that current.

Some can, of course. So, it matters a LOT to get those that can!

Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

"James Grady" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 08:59:30 -0500, SC Tom wrote:

The output of the charger really doesn't matter, as long as it meets the
minimum requirements of the device

Which is as much as 1.5 Amps!

So, it /does/ matter.

A lot!

Most usb chargers can't deliver anywhere near that current.

Some can, of course. So, it matters a LOT to get those that can!

You obviously missed the last part of the sentence. Let me quote it for you:
"as long as it meets the minimum requirements of the device". If you're
going to take one line out of context, at least be accurate about it :-)

Even if a device calls for 1.5A, it will still be charged by a .5A output.
It'll just take a lot longer to do so, and would probably need to be turned
off in order to complete the charge cycle. I have an Asus tablet that
"requires" a 2.1A charger, but will still charge to completion with my .7A
phone charger, if I turn it off and leave it plugged in overnight. I have
done that a few times when I inadvertently forgot to pack the tablet
charger.
--
SC Tom