Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tools to View, Save & Edit Flash Drive Properties?

Have a Skymedi usb 1GB flash drive that somehow had its size increased.

Was able to find the Skymedi Production Tool and tried to return this flash drive to its original properties by deleting the config.file but all this did was to change the property size to zero.

Appreciate any tips or links concerning tools to view, save and edit Flash Drive properties.

Thanks

Ken
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:10:28 AM UTC-6, KenO wrote:
Have a Skymedi usb 1GB flash drive that somehow had its size increased. Was able to find the Skymedi Production Tool and tried to return this flash drive to its original properties by deleting the config.file but all this did was to change the property size to zero. Appreciate any tips or links concerning tools to view, save and edit Flash Drive properties. Thanks Ken

1GB drives are so cheap it is probably not worth spending much time on it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 29/01/2014 16:10, KenO wrote:
Have a Skymedi usb 1GB flash drive that somehow had its size increased.

Was able to find the Skymedi Production Tool and tried to return this flash drive to its original properties by deleting the config.file but all this did was to change the property size to zero.

Appreciate any tips or links concerning tools to view, save and edit Flash Drive properties.

Googling "fix fake flash" turns up a few sites with info on fixing these.

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

hrho,

"1GB drives are so cheap it is probably not worth spending much time on it."

I view it as a learning project so do not mind spending time researching.

Plus since it is not working I can not do any harm.

Hope you may have some ideas.

Ken
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Adrian C,

Thanks for the tip. Have used somewhat similar Key Words and got a large number of hits. Changed to Skymedi usb 1GB flash drive and got fewer hits but more relevant to my problem.

For example "USB flash drive problem (unreadable)" is same 1GB Skymedi flash drive. http://www.techspot.com/community/to...eadable.62237/

Only problem I have not found any postings about solving this problem.

Also have not found any software besides the "Skymedi Production Tool" that will allow me to change the Flash Drive properties.

Bottom Line: All this is new to me but am willing to research it.

Ken

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 01/31/2014 08:09 AM, KenO wrote:
hrho,

"1GB drives are so cheap it is probably not worth spending much time on it."

I view it as a learning project so do not mind spending time researching.

Plus since it is not working I can not do any harm.

Hope you may have some ideas.

Ken

You mean like GPartEd on Linux?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair