DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/361735-8v-40ma-bi-pin-lamp-marantz.html)

Tim Schwartz[_2_] September 4th 13 02:52 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270
and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't last long
running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Phil Allison[_2_] September 4th 13 03:29 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Tim Schwartz"

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type? These
are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270 and 2275.

** Gee - a small bi-pin lamp is just begging to get replaced with a white
LED.

..... Phil

dave September 4th 13 04:19 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 09/04/2013 06:52 AM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270
and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't last long
running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

An LED and a resistor should work best.

dave September 4th 13 04:19 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 09/04/2013 07:29 AM, Phil Allison wrote:

"Tim Schwartz"

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type? These
are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270 and 2275.

** Gee - a small bi-pin lamp is just begging to get replaced with a white
LED.

.... Phil

What he said!

John Robertson September 4th 13 06:03 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 09/04/2013 6:52 AM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270
and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't last long
running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

eBay or use 6V bulbs and a dropping resistor...

Or LEDs as Phil suggested.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Trevor Wilson September 4th 13 08:42 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 4/09/2013 11:52 PM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270
and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't last long
running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

**I've found that owners of those old Marantz recievers are only too
happy to spend some extra bucks on replacing ALL lamps with LEDs. That
includes the stereo and source indicator lamps. The payoffs are huge.
They include:

* Far lower power consumption and consequent minimised damage to the
plastic housing that contains the dial back-lighting.
* Far, far more attractive dial lighting, if the LEDs used are blue ones.
* Indefinite (or at least very long) life-span for the lighting.

I've found that Lumileds™ work extremely well, due to their wide
dispersion characteristics. It requires some extra effort for the
repairer though. You can purchase plug-n-play replacements from eBay, if
you can't be bothered doing your own work.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Arfa Daily September 5th 13 02:14 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
[...]

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually being
fed with DC. In many items using pea bulb indicators and back illumination,
they are fed with AC straight off the tranny, or sometimes via a series
resistor whether AC or DC. This means that if you drop the current by
swapping to LEDs, the voltage will rise. I have also found that it is hard
to match the 'colour' of small bulbs with LEDs, particularly when they are
deliberately under-run to produce a more 'lemon' coloured light. Things like
tuning meters just don't look right if the light behind them is too white.
And even with wide angle LEDs, the light dispersion is sometimes not enough
to 'fill' an area with light, resulting in uneven illumination.

I recently replaced a number of the feature lamps on my pinball table's
playfield with LEDs. To replace the ones that shone through clear plastic
diffusers, so were normally 'white', I used warm white LEDs with a water
clear lens. I then diffused the dome by rubbing it with some very fine wet
and dry paper, and then added some yellow felt tip. This took the output
from warm white to a colour very similar to a tungsten lamp, which produced
illumination much closer to the original bulb.

Arfa

Phil Allison[_2_] September 5th 13 02:59 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Arfa Daily"

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

So they can be used on low voltage ( ie 6.3V ) AC supplies with only a
series resistor.

Put two of 'em in reverse parallel and the supply voltage can be much
higher.

They come in all colours too: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.

Some ingenuity may be needed to get the best result in each case, but it
well worth not having to search high and low for special, low current tiny
bulbs.

.... Phil

Leif Neland September 5th 13 08:23 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

Phil Allison kom med følgende:
"Arfa Daily"

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

Having LEDs run on one half-phase of AC can cause flicker.

It can be seen on cheap christmas decorations, which flicker
annoyingly, especially at the perifical vision, which is optimized to
see quick movements of e.g. predators. If you look at the light
directly, the flicker is less or not noticable, because at that angle
the eye wants details, not speed.

It might be less noticable at 60Hz than the european 50Hz ac.

So it might be advisable to rectify the ac either full wave or just a
diode and a cap.

IMHO the lights turning off slowly also looks more cool than an led
turning off abruptly :-)

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Phil Allison[_2_] September 5th 13 09:26 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Leif Neland"
"Arfa Daily"

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

Having LEDs run on one half-phase of AC can cause flicker.

It can be seen on cheap christmas decorations, which flicker annoyingly,
especially at the perifical vision, which is optimized to see quick
movements of e.g. predators. If you look at the light directly, the
flicker is less or not noticable, because at that angle the eye wants
details, not speed.

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not visible.

It might be less noticable at 60Hz than the european 50Hz ac.

** I am posting from Aussie land - we have 50 Hz.

So it might be advisable to rectify the ac either full wave or just a
diode and a cap.

** The lack of visible flicker was surprising to me.

It tried red and white leds with the same result.

IMHO the lights turning off slowly also looks more cool than an led
turning off abruptly :-)

** Neon bezels have been going off fast since, like forever.

.... Phil

Arfa Daily September 5th 13 01:50 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily"

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

So they can be used on low voltage ( ie 6.3V ) AC supplies with only a
series resistor.

Yes. However, they are not renowned for having a very high PIV, so whilst
you would probably get away with just a series resistor at low AC, you just
might not with AC a bit higher than that ... The point I was making was that
although a simple series resistor is fine if the lamp supply is DC, it *may*
not be if it is AC, and you shouldn't just assume that it is one or the
other. As I said before you snipped the context of my comment in order to
make your point ...

Put two of 'em in reverse parallel and the supply voltage can be much
higher.

Agreed

Arfa Daily September 5th 13 02:00 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Leif Neland"
"Arfa Daily"

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

Having LEDs run on one half-phase of AC can cause flicker.

It can be seen on cheap christmas decorations, which flicker annoyingly,
especially at the perifical vision, which is optimized to see quick
movements of e.g. predators. If you look at the light directly, the
flicker is less or not noticable, because at that angle the eye wants
details, not speed.

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying, as well as the flicker from PWM'd LED stop and tail
lights on some makes of car. My wife doesn't notice it all, however.
Admittedly, the effect is worse at the periphery of vision, but I still see
it looking head on at the source.

That said, if two LEDs are used in inverse parallel as you suggested, rather
than paralleling with a conventional diode or just relying on the reverse
blocking of the LED, flicker is not an issue, as each LED will produce light
on opposite half cycles.

It might be less noticable at 60Hz than the european 50Hz ac.

** I am posting from Aussie land - we have 50 Hz.

So it might be advisable to rectify the ac either full wave or just a
diode and a cap.

** The lack of visible flicker was surprising to me.

It tried red and white leds with the same result.

IMHO the lights turning off slowly also looks more cool than an led
turning off abruptly :-)

** Neon bezels have been going off fast since, like forever.

That is true, but I think that Lief was more referring to things like meter
and tuning scale backlighting, rather than on off indicators.

Arfa

... Phil

Gareth Magennis September 5th 13 02:14 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying, as well as the flicker from PWM'd LED stop and tail
lights on some makes of car. My wife doesn't notice it all, however.
Admittedly, the effect is worse at the periphery of vision, but I still
see it looking head on at the source.

Although I don't find this particularly annoying, I very much notice it too.
For me the effect manifests itself as a line of bright strobing when my eyes
move horizontally past the flickering LED's. Like * * * * * * *
* * * * *

In the old days you could get a very similar effect by injesting
halluconegenic mushrooms or a tab of acid.

Gareth.

dave September 5th 13 03:18 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 09/04/2013 06:14 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

LEDs run fine on AC, as long as the voltage and current are within limits.

dave September 5th 13 03:20 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=led+s...tor+calculator

Trevor Wilson September 5th 13 09:31 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 5/09/2013 11:14 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

**All quite true, however, I was specifically referring to the Marantz
products and Lumileds™. The Marantz blue dial looks stunning when
backlit via blue LEDs. Far, far better than the original lamps and with
vastly lower currents and, consequently, heat. The original lamps are
rated at 8 Volts @ 200ma each. In some Marantz models, there is 7 or 8
of the suckers! The heat generated warps the plastic housing containing
the backlighting. Lumleds™ deliver an even 120 degree spread of light
and are thus an excellent choice for backlighting in these
circumstances. Particularly given they can be run at around 10ma each.

I recently replaced a number of the feature lamps on my pinball table's
playfield with LEDs. To replace the ones that shone through clear
plastic diffusers, so were normally 'white', I used warm white LEDs with
a water clear lens. I then diffused the dome by rubbing it with some
very fine wet and dry paper, and then added some yellow felt tip. This
took the output from warm white to a colour very similar to a tungsten
lamp, which produced illumination much closer to the original bulb.

Arfa

**Cool.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Phil Allison[_2_] September 5th 13 11:54 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Arfa Dickhead Daily"

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying,

** WTF has that got to do with my comment ?????????????????

**** of you pathetic pommy fool.

.... Phil

Phil Allison[_2_] September 5th 13 11:55 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Arfa Daily"

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

So they can be used on low voltage ( ie 6.3V ) AC supplies with only a
series resistor.

Yes. However, they are not renowned for having a very high PIV, so whilst
you would probably get away with just a series resistor at low AC,

** Jesus ****ING CHRIST -

this IDIOT just DOES NOT READ !!!!!!!!!

Arfa Daily September 6th 13 01:19 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Dickhead Daily"

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying,

** WTF has that got to do with my comment ?????????????????

**** of you pathetic pommy fool.

... Phil

You never understand **** all, do you ? You're so busy cutting context to
try and make your half-arsed and witless comments look clever, you never
manage to look behind the actual words. You commented about flicker at 25 Hz
that's "simply not visible" with a red bezel. My comment was that LED
flicker at that frequency might not be noticeable to *you*, but was to some
people. If you knew anything about anything, you would have understood that
traffic cone lights use LEDs, flashed at around 30 Hz, as do the stop and
tail lights of some cars. These to me, and apparently Gareth, exhibit a very
visible flicker. Since your AC connected LED would be flashing at a similar
rate, the flicker is likely to be just as visible to some people,
irrespective of whether it is being viewed through a red bezel.

And you call me a pathetic fool ? At least I'm not a dopey **** who can't
spell, like you. Now **** off back under your rock, unless you've got
anything of any sense to say.

Arfa

Arfa Daily September 6th 13 01:24 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily"

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

So they can be used on low voltage ( ie 6.3V ) AC supplies with only a
series resistor.

Yes. However, they are not renowned for having a very high PIV, so whilst
you would probably get away with just a series resistor at low AC,

** Jesus ****ING CHRIST -

this IDIOT just DOES NOT READ !!!!!!!!!

No, it's YOU who either does not read, does not understand, or chooses not
to. All you do is snip indiscriminately to try and make yourself look
clever. Be advised that you fail royally in this endeavour. All you actually
look is an ever greater **** ...

Arfa

Arfa Daily September 6th 13 01:31 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"dave" wrote in message
m...
On 09/04/2013 06:14 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

LEDs run fine on AC, as long as the voltage and current are within limits.

Which is exactly what I said. If running them on AC, they are fine as long
as the series resistor is of sufficient value to limit the forward current,
and the reverse voltage on the opposite half cycle does not exceed the
rather low PIV that LEDs tend to have. That aspect can be mitigated by
having a conventional diode in inverse parallel, but this will result in a
flicker at half the supply frequency that Phil can't see, but some of us
can, or by putting another LED in inverse parallel, which will conduct on
the opposite half cycle producing light, and clamping the reverse voltage
across the first diode to the value of the forward voltage of the second
diode, different, of course for different colours. The inverse is also true
that the first diode will clamp the reverse voltage across the second diode
on the opposite half cycle.

Arfa

Black Iccy September 6th 13 03:22 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 01:31:39 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

That aspect can be mitigated by
having a conventional diode in inverse parallel, but this will result in a
flicker at half the supply frequency that Phil can't see, but some of us
can, or by putting another LED in inverse parallel, which will conduct on
the opposite half cycle producing light, and clamping the reverse voltage
across the first diode to the value of the forward voltage of the second
diode, different, of course for different colours.

Surely, it will be at the _SAME_ frequency but exist as a light
source for only half the period (duty cycle). N'est-ce pas?

[email protected] September 6th 13 05:50 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:52:36 AM UTC-7, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270
and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't last long
running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Are you sure they are bi-pin lamps? I own a couple Marantz receivers of that vintage (2215 and 2275), and they used "fuse lamps" which have the same dimensions as a 3AG fuse.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

The fuse lamps are readily available on eBay. You can also get them from All Electronics in Van Nuys, California; the 8V lamps are $1 each or $8.50 for 10, while 6V and 12V lamps are slightly cheaper.

Leif Neland September 6th 13 06:12 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

Phil Allison sendte dette med sin computer:
"Arfa Dickhead Daily"

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying,

** WTF has that got to do with my comment ?????????????????

**** of you pathetic pommy fool.

Have you had your Coprolalia disgnosed properly?

The treatment could be botox at the vocal cords (would it help for
typing? Possibly in the hands instead) or brain surgery.

Do you know how you got it?

If we know your bad behaviour is caused by a disease, it is easier to
forgive.

Leif

Mike Tomlinson September 6th 13 06:25 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

En el artículo , Leif Neland
escribió:

The treatment could be botox at the vocal cords (would it help for
typing? Possibly in the hands instead) or brain surgery.

He'd have to have a brain in the first place to operate on.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 06:53 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Arfa Dickhead Daily"

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not
visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying,

** WTF has that got to do with my comment ?????????????????

**** of you pathetic pommy fool.

If you knew anything about anything, you would have understood that
traffic cone lights use LEDs, flashed at around 30 Hz,

** I live in Sydney.

The subject is LED bezels.

I was speaking from REAL experience - not making stupid guesess like you.

And YOU are the man with defective colour vision and gods know how many
other genetic defects.

BTW:

How many red LEDs have YOU used to replace the bezel lamps in Fender amps ??

There is no sign of flicker.

Surprising but true.

.... Phil

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 06:57 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Arfa ****WIT Daily"
"Phil Allison"

** LEDs are, believe it or not, DIODES !!

So they can be used on low voltage ( ie 6.3V ) AC supplies with only a
series resistor.

Yes. However, they are not renowned for having a very high PIV, so
whilst you would probably get away with just a series resistor at low
AC,

** Jesus ****ING CHRIST -

this IDIOT just DOES NOT READ !!!!!!!!!

No, it's YOU who either does not read,

** FFS - you REPEATED the info in MY post back to me !!!

You pompous, bull****ting, ****ing nut case.

..... Phil

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 07:02 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Arfa Daily"
"dave"
Arfa Daily wrote:

Although of course, care needs to be taken that the lamps are actually
being fed with DC.

LEDs run fine on AC, as long as the voltage and current are within
limits.

Which is exactly what I said.

** But not in the post that "dave" replied to.

My god you are a bull****ting ass.

.... Phil

Trevor Wilson September 6th 13 08:03 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz
2270 and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't
last long running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Are you sure they are bi-pin lamps? I own a couple Marantz receivers
of that vintage (2215 and 2275), and they used "fuse lamps" which
have the same dimensions as a 3AG fuse.

**The 6.3 Volt bi-pin lamps are used for input selection indication and
for the stereo beacon. The dial backlights are fuse style, 8 Volt 200ma
types.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

The fuse lamps are readily available on eBay. You can also get them
from All Electronics in Van Nuys, California; the 8V lamps are $1
each or $8.50 for 10, while 6V and 12V lamps are slightly cheaper.

**Except that the OP wanted bi-pin lamps, which are not difficult to obtain.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 08:41 AM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Black Iccy"
"Arfa ****wit Daily"

That aspect can be mitigated by
having a conventional diode in inverse parallel, but this will result in a
flicker at half the supply frequency that Phil can't see,

Surely, it will be at the _SAME_ frequency but exist as a light
source for only half the period (duty cycle). N'est-ce pas?

** AD is a colossal, bull****ting moron.

The repetition rate is 50Hz or 60Hz, same as the field rate of a regular (
interlaced) TV.

Got an sine wave generator on your bench with 2.5 V rms available ?

Connect a LED across the output and sweep the frequency across the range
from 20 to 100Hz or so and see what happens.

.... Phil

Leif Neland September 6th 13 12:01 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

Phil Allison kom med denne ide:
"Black Iccy"
"Arfa ****wit Daily"

That aspect can be mitigated by
having a conventional diode in inverse parallel, but this will result in a
flicker at half the supply frequency that Phil can't see,

Surely, it will be at the _SAME_ frequency but exist as a light
source for only half the period (duty cycle). N'est-ce pas?

** AD is a colossal, bull****ting moron.

The repetition rate is 50Hz or 60Hz, same as the field rate of a regular (
interlaced) TV.

If you are talking about CRT-TV's, the phosphor(?) coating have
afterglow, to reduce flickering.

On the corner of the eye, the flickering is visible for some people on
some monitors.

The afterglow time varies depending on what the monitor is constructed
for. The old IBB green monitors had a very long afterglow to make the
image comfortable for wieving.

Got an sine wave generator on your bench with 2.5 V rms available ?

Connect a LED across the output and sweep the frequency across the range from
20 to 100Hz or so and see what happens.

When doing so, try different wavelengths, intensities and viewing
angles.

Flicker sensitivity varies between people.
When you are tired, you are more sensitive.

Perhaps your condition makes you less sensitive for flicker and proper
behaviour.

Leif

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 12:06 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Leif Neland"

** AD is a colossal, bull****ting moron.

** Same as you - pig brain.

The repetition rate is 50Hz or 60Hz, same as the field rate of a regular
( interlaced) TV.

If you are talking about CRT-TV's,

** Yep.

Got an sine wave generator on your bench with 2.5 V rms available ?

Connect a LED across the output and sweep the frequency across the range
from 20 to 100Hz or so and see what happens.

When doing so,

** No **YOU** need to do the ****ing test !!!!!!!

Cos I have done it many times already

You ****ing, asinine, Kraut pile of ****.

..... Phil

Bill Palmer September 6th 13 12:19 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 21:06:40 +1000 "Phil Allison" wrote
in Message id: :

"Leif Neland"

** AD is a colossal, bull****ting moron.

** Same as you - pig brain.

The repetition rate is 50Hz or 60Hz, same as the field rate of a regular
( interlaced) TV.

If you are talking about CRT-TV's,

** Yep.

Got an sine wave generator on your bench with 2.5 V rms available ?

Connect a LED across the output and sweep the frequency across the range
from 20 to 100Hz or so and see what happens.

When doing so,

** No **YOU** need to do the ****ing test !!!!!!!

Cos I have done it many times already

You ****ing, asinine, Kraut pile of ****.

Now, now little Phildo... Your mummy (she ain't a very good lay), won't
approve of language Like that. Especially from a mouth freshly filled with
Daddy's cum.

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 12:27 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Bill Palmer"

** **** off you damn troll

Bill Palmer September 6th 13 12:46 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 21:27:45 +1000 "Phil Allison" wrote
in Message id: :

"Bill Palmer"

** **** off you damn troll

100,000 people die every day, why aren't you one of them?

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 12:56 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Bill Palmer = human excreta "

** **** off you damn troll

100,000 people die every day,

** QED.

.... Phil

dave September 6th 13 01:21 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 09/05/2013 05:19 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Dickhead Daily"

** For typical red bezels or indicator lights, it is simply not
visible.

It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works
cone-top beacons very annoying,

If you see "flicker" at 30 Hz you must hate television.

Phil Allison[_2_] September 6th 13 01:35 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"dave"

If you see "flicker" at 30 Hz you must hate television.

** Huh ???

The refresh rate of CRT based TVs is at least 50Hz - because of
interlaced scanning.

There is still massive strobing if you wave an object in front of one, as
the dots / stripes go dark long before the next refresh cycle.

A LED ( any colour ) pulsed at 30Hz flickers obviously - this stops at
about 40 to 45 Hz.

.... Phil

Tim Schwartz[_2_] September 6th 13 02:29 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 9/6/2013 12:50 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:52:36 AM UTC-7, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

Anyone know of a generic lamp that is an 8 volt, 40 mA bipin type?
These are used as source indicators in receivers like the Marantz 2270
and 2275. The 6.3 volt 7380 is readily available, but won't last long
running on 8 volts, and gets too hot as well.

Are you sure they are bi-pin lamps? I own a couple Marantz receivers of that vintage (2215 and 2275), and they used "fuse lamps" which have the same dimensions as a 3AG fuse.

Of course a reliable vendor who sells them would be just as good.

The fuse lamps are readily available on eBay. You can also get them from All Electronics in Van Nuys, California; the 8V lamps are $1 each or $8.50 for 10, while 6V and 12V lamps are slightly cheaper.

There are the source indicators (PHONO, FM, AM, TAPE, AUX, ....) NOT the
dial scale lamps, which are 'fuse type'.

--Tim

dave September 6th 13 07:30 PM

8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

On 09/06/2013 05:35 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
"dave"

If you see "flicker" at 30 Hz you must hate television.

** Huh ???

The refresh rate of CRT based TVs is at least 50Hz - because of
interlaced scanning.

There is still massive strobing if you wave an object in front of one, as
the dots / stripes go dark long before the next refresh cycle.

A LED ( any colour ) pulsed at 30Hz flickers obviously - this stops at
about 40 to 45 Hz.

... Phil

TVs today go down to 24 FPS progressive.