DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Retro hum ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/355935-retro-hum.html)

N_Cook May 2nd 13 08:35 AM

Retro hum ?

Vox VT100 , AC30 look-alike , white knobs etc, but DSP etc, 2008
Repaired but 18mV , simple DVM Vac , measured over the speakers, background
hum. Designed as such or not ?, sounds just like a genuine AC30 humming away
to itself

Adrian C May 3rd 13 08:32 PM

Retro hum ?

On 03/05/2013 19:18, Wild_Bill wrote:
Dynamo Hum.. perfection

Start of "back to the future", him winding up the wick on the amp. The
hum.... ;-)

--
Adrian C

[email protected] May 4th 13 12:52 AM

Retro hum ?

On Fri, 3 May 2013 14:18:25 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Dynamo Hum.. perfection

Dynamo hum
Dynamo hum
Where's that dynamo coming from?
I done spent three hours and I aint got a hum
From the dynamo
Dynamo
Dynamo
From the dynamo hum

I miss Frank Zappa
Eric

Wild_Bill May 4th 13 01:35 PM

Retro hum ?

FZ, considered by many to be a musical genius, always in search of the
"perfect note".
He created effects on analog equipment that even the newest digital
equipment can't duplicate.

And even looking at him move was just fun.

--
Cheers,
WB

wrote:

Dynamo Hum.. perfection

Dynamo hum
Dynamo hum
Where's that dynamo coming from?
I done spent three hours and I aint got a hum
From the dynamo
Dynamo
Dynamo
From the dynamo hum