DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   motor schematic (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/348973-motor-schematic.html)

Jon[_20_] November 10th 12 09:25 AM

motor schematic

I need help with wiring this motor.

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

Jon

Phil Allison[_2_] November 10th 12 10:21 AM

motor schematic

"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

..... Phil

Ken[_6_] November 10th 12 12:53 PM

motor schematic

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

.... Phil

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor. If so, line would seem
to be two 110 leads out of phase and neutral would not be involved
except for ground. Would it not?

Phil Allison[_2_] November 10th 12 01:04 PM

motor schematic

"Ken"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI
and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while
the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor.

** The plate says " 208V to 230V PH 1 "

So there are any number of ways to use it successfully.

Mr pedant.

..... Phil

Michael A. Terrell November 10th 12 02:20 PM

motor schematic

Ken wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor. If so, line would seem
to be two 110 leads out of phase and neutral would not be involved
except for ground. Would it not?

It is a dual speed 1/3 HP blower motor for HVAC. 750 or 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 1' is 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 2' is 750 RPM

Jon[_20_] November 10th 12 05:00 PM

motor schematic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Ken wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI
and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor
while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor. If so, line would seem
to be two 110 leads out of phase and neutral would not be involved
except for ground. Would it not?

It is a dual speed 1/3 HP blower motor for HVAC. 750 or 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 1' is 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 2' is 750 RPM

This explains it. I understand it now. Thank you everyone for your help.
Jon