Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default motor schematic

I need help with wiring this motor.

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

Jon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

.... Phil

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor. If so, line would seem
to be two 110 leads out of phase and neutral would not be involved
except for ground. Would it not?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ken"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI
and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while
the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor.

** The plate says " 208V to 230V PH 1 "

So there are any number of ways to use it successfully.

Mr pedant.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ken wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor. If so, line would seem
to be two 110 leads out of phase and neutral would not be involved
except for ground. Would it not?

It is a dual speed 1/3 HP blower motor for HVAC. 750 or 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 1' is 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 2' is 750 RPM

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Ken wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jon"

http://trilateration.bravehost.com/motor.html

My question is, does "LINE" connect the white wire to the common of HI
and
LO speeds? My guess is that it does, but I'm not positive.

** That is certainly how it looks.

LINE = AC power, active and neutral.

The moving contact of the 2 speed switch links to one AC conductor
while the
other goes to the white wire, plus the 7.5uF cap.

It appears that this motor is a 220 volt motor. If so, line would seem
to be two 110 leads out of phase and neutral would not be involved
except for ground. Would it not?

It is a dual speed 1/3 HP blower motor for HVAC. 750 or 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 1' is 850 RPM

The white wire & wire 'NO 2' is 750 RPM

This explains it. I understand it now. Thank you everyone for your help.
Jon