DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sourcing parts (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/346196-sourcing-parts.html)

moo September 9th 12 08:17 AM

Sourcing parts

Wondering if anyone here from Australia could please tell me where to
find replacement tuners for a set top box cant seem to source parts
anywhere...

Franc Zabkar September 9th 12 09:34 AM

Sourcing parts

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 17:17:46 +1000, moo put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Wondering if anyone here from Australia could please tell me where to
find replacement tuners for a set top box cant seem to source parts
anywhere...

WES Components have tuners, but I haven't checked out their current
range.

http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/index.htm#pdf

- Franc Zabkar

N_Cook September 9th 12 10:35 AM

Sourcing parts

moo wrote in message
b.com...
Wondering if anyone here from Australia could please tell me where to
find replacement tuners for a set top box cant seem to source parts
anywhere...

So not a "split NIT" junker ?

moo September 9th 12 04:02 PM

Sourcing parts

On 09/09/12 19:35, N_Cook wrote:
moo wrote in message
b.com...
Wondering if anyone here from Australia could please tell me where to
find replacement tuners for a set top box cant seem to source parts
anywhere...

So not a "split NIT" junker ?

Thanks for the info on wes, look into it... Dont think its a split NIT
the box is dig certified. and the switchover hasnt taken place in the
area yet, I took the board out and the soldering was half done and the
tuners quiet loose so figure its damaged on the antenna signal end
somehow...

Franc Zabkar September 17th 12 08:43 AM

Sourcing parts

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 18:34:26 +1000, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

WES Components have tuners, but I haven't checked out their current
range.

http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/index.htm#pdf

Prime Electronics: http://www.prime-electronics.com.au/
Star Components: sales at starcomponents dot com dot au
Speedy Spares: http://speedyspares.com/catalogue_pdfs/documents.html

- Franc Zabkar