Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Adret 742 Instructions manual

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Adret 742 Instruction
manual or service manual in English. I have the French ones but they
are a knightmare to read and/or understand, even translating them
makes no sense. Anyway, here's hoping, all the best.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bloke wrote in message
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Adret 742 Instruction
manual or service manual in English. I have the French ones but they
are a knightmare to read and/or understand, even translating them
makes no sense. Anyway, here's hoping, all the best.

Rebadge name?
Googling via language invariant specific term in the manual you have?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have the French ones but they are a knightmare
to read and/or understand...

Perhaps if you took off your visor...

...even translating them makes no sense.

People often think manuals from Japanese or German companies are hard to
understand because of language differences. This is not so. If you read them
carefully, it's usually apparent that the writer has no idea how to present
the material in any language, even their own.

I find it incredible that (for example) Canon and Olympus refuse to hire
native-English writers with a background in photography to at least /edit/
their manuals. I don't think it's the cost -- they're simply afraid of
losing face.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
I have the French ones but they are a knightmare
to read and/or understand...

Perhaps if you took off your visor...

...even translating them makes no sense.

People often think manuals from Japanese or German companies are hard to
understand because of language differences. This is not so. If you read them
carefully, it's usually apparent that the writer has no idea how to present
the material in any language, even their own.

I find it incredible that (for example) Canon and Olympus refuse to hire
native-English writers with a background in photography to at least /edit/
their manuals. I don't think it's the cost -- they're simply afraid of
losing face.

It's also possible that inferior, obsolete and incomplete languages just
can't express modern concepts.

I love how the word "computer" just is misspelling of sorts outside
English. That's how uncreative everybody else is.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 6 May 2012 06:02:58 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I love how the word "computer" just is misspelling of sorts outside
English. That's how uncreative everybody else is.

The Latin word is "computatrum".

In Slavic languages, "computer" translates to "racunalo" or
"racunalnik" or "pocitac", for example.

In Spanish it is "ordenador".

Therefore, ISTM that English is the "uncreative" language.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sun, 6 May 2012 06:02:58 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I love how the word "computer" just is misspelling of sorts outside
English. That's how uncreative everybody else is.

The Latin word is "computatrum".

In Slavic languages, "computer" translates to "racunalo" or
"racunalnik" or "pocitac", for example.

In Spanish it is "ordenador".

Therefore, ISTM that English is the "uncreative" language.

- Franc Zabkar

So what do they call computers in spain or whatever yugoslavia is called
these days?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cydrome Leader wrote:

So what do they call computers in spain or whatever yugoslavia is called
these days?

Stolen, mostly.

-bruce

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, April 30, 2012 9:35:53 AM UTC+1, bloke wrote:
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Adret 742 Instruction

manual or service manual in English. I have the French ones but they

are a knightmare to read and/or understand, even translating them

makes no sense. Anyway, here's hoping, all the best.

Hi, I know its a long time ago but are you still after this manual?
I may be able to help.
Regards
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:18:01 AM UTC+13, wrote:
On Monday, April 30, 2012 9:35:53 AM UTC+1, bloke wrote:

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Adret 742 Instruction

manual or service manual in English. I have the French ones but they

are a knightmare to read and/or understand, even translating them

makes no sense. Anyway, here's hoping, all the best.

Hi, I know its a long time ago but are you still after this manual?

I may be able to help.

Regards

I've been looking for a copy of the Adret 742A op/service manual(or is it two separates?) Anyway- I'd like to find out what you have available?
DaveB, ChCh, NZ