Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default rotel rcd 955ax

hi I have just got my cd player and speakers out ( just 20 years old)
and had the idea of linking these to my new TV to increase the sound
quality and when I power up my CD it momentarily goes on and then
goes off, any thoughts?
thanks
Leigh
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

leigh martin wrote in message
hi I have just got my cd player and speakers out ( just 20 years old)
and had the idea of linking these to my new TV to increase the sound
quality and when I power up my CD it momentarily goes on and then
goes off, any thoughts?
thanks
Leigh

what exactly "goes on " and off ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-10-04 13:05:12 +0200, leigh martin
said:

hi I have just got my cd player and speakers out ( just 20 years old)
and had the idea of linking these to my new TV to increase the sound
quality and when I power up my CD it momentarily goes on and then
goes off, any thoughts?
thanks
Leigh

bad cap in the power supply... surely !
--
----------
Kripton

the ESR Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/esr-repository.html
the Geiger Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/geiger-repositor.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

leigh martin wrote:
hi I have just got my cd player and speakers out ( just 20 years old)
and had the idea of linking these to my new TV to increase the sound
quality and when I power up my CD it momentarily goes on and then
goes off, any thoughts?
thanks
Leigh

**What "goes on and then goes off"? The display? The transport? Is it
'skipping' when playing CDs? Your description of the fault is hopelessly
inadequate. The RCD955 uses a linear power supply, so it is unlikely that
the entire unit switches on and off.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au