Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-Ray drive replacement

Hey guys.

I've got a BD-C6900 that I'd like to replace the drive in. The unit
appears to have two different identifying marks for the drive. The
part number AK96-01214P as well as BD-P6A-1B loader. Looking around I
see various references to BD-P6A loaders and according to a Samsung
part site, there are two different drives associated with that unit. I
don't know the differences, so I'm hoping maybe someone here has a
service manual or knowledge of Samsung units as to suggest which part
numbers I can replace this defective drive with.

I'm pretty sure the Blu-Ray laser is dead as it will not read Blu-Rays
but will read DVD's just fine. I've not attempted to power up the
lasers to physically try to see.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 2, 8:28*am, Andrew Rossmann
wrote:
In article 7634554b-6b0b-4f4c-af83-62a6c26cc376
@j19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, says...

Hey guys.

I've got a BD-C6900 that I'd like to replace the drive in. The unit
appears to have two different identifying marks for the drive. The
part number AK96-01214P as well as BD-P6A-1B loader. Looking around I
see various references to BD-P6A loaders and according to a Samsung
part site, there are two different drives associated with that unit. I
don't know the differences, so I'm hoping maybe someone here has a
service manual or knowledge of Samsung units as to suggest which part
numbers I can replace this defective drive with.

I'm pretty sure the Blu-Ray laser is dead as it will not read Blu-Rays
but will read DVD's just fine. I've not attempted to power up the
lasers to physically try to see.

These days, it may be cheaper to replace the entire unit than just the
drive.

law!!http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

All depends. It's a 3D Blu-Ray unit...and I can't get a decent one of
those for under $120. Replacement drive from Samsung...when they're in
stock, is $102. For $102 I can get a 3d player, but it won't have
internet or media drive support or any of that...this one does.

Plus, there's also the fact that if I had a list of actual compatible
drives, I can pick one up on ebay for about $30.

In most cases, it is cheaper to buy a new one, but sometimes, you can
get away with replacing a module.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:04:16 PM UTC-4, DewDude wrote:
Hey guys.

I've got a BD-C6900 that I'd like to replace the drive in. The unit
appears to have two different identifying marks for the drive. The
part number AK96-01214P as well as BD-P6A-1B loader. Looking around I
see various references to BD-P6A loaders and according to a Samsung
part site, there are two different drives associated with that unit. I
don't know the differences, so I'm hoping maybe someone here has a
service manual or knowledge of Samsung units as to suggest which part
numbers I can replace this defective drive with.

I'm pretty sure the Blu-Ray laser is dead as it will not read Blu-Rays
but will read DVD's just fine. I've not attempted to power up the
lasers to physically try to see.

Did you ever find a replacement drive? I have a 7900 that needs a new drive and it looks to be the same one as your 6900. Can't find a dual hdmi 3d player for much less than $200 these days so I'd love to just repair this on my own for much cheaper. Thanks!