Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

Default EIA-198-D capacitance codes

I'm sorry if the following is common knowledge, but I was recently
deciphering the marking codes on an smd tantalum capacitor and I
chanced upon this datasheet:
http://www.niccomp.com/Products/smt/NMCMarking.pdf

Page 3 tabulates the EIA-198D two-digit capacitor marking code. The
meaning of the first character is as follows, while the second digit
is the multiplier. For example, "T6" denotes 5.1 x 10^6 pF = 5.1 uF.

A 1.0
B 1.1
C 1.2
D 1.3
E 1.5
F 1.6
G 1.8
H 2.0
J 2.2
K 2.4
L 2.7
M 3.0
N 3.3
P 3.6
Q 3.9
R 4.3
S 4.7
T 5.1
U 5.6
V 6.2
W 6.8
X 7.5
Y 8.2
Z 9.1
a 2.5
b 3.0
c 3.5
d 4.0
e 4.5
f 5.0
m 6.0
n 7.0
t 8.0
g 9.0

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
[...]

So uppercase straight E24 but how to determine the lower case sequence
without recourse to lookup table?