DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Decoding IC combined batch+date code (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/325138-decoding-ic-combined-batch-date-code.html)

N_Cook June 25th 11 09:14 AM

Decoding IC combined batch+date code

Manufacturer's datasheet has no info on it but does carry a graphic showing
a representative label with this example as
N5BXXA
the ones I have in front of me have marking under the logo and device number
of batch+date code
N5H6PB
can anything be inferred from the use of XX in the graphic and hence meaning
of 6P ?

Franc Zabkar June 27th 11 03:55 AM

Decoding IC combined batch+date code

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:14:17 +0100, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Manufacturer's datasheet has no info on it but does carry a graphic showing
a representative label with this example as
N5BXXA
the ones I have in front of me have marking under the logo and device number
of batch+date code
N5H6PB
can anything be inferred from the use of XX in the graphic and hence meaning
of 6P ?

It may help if we knew what you know about the mystery component. ;-)

Who is the manufacturer? What is "the logo"? What is the "device
number"? Where can we download a "datasheet"?

What is "it"?

A photo may help. In fact it's often worth more than a 1000 bytes. ;-)

- Franc Zabkar