Junior Member

Default Help to identify capacitor please

Please can anyone help me to identify a capacitor.

It is fitted to an MK Sentry RCD socket, it is fitted in position C6 and is used as the mains dropper to power the RCD circuitry.

It's only markings are 334K250 on the top line and NIS~S82 on the bottom line.

The socket has an active RCD and the Reset button will not hold in. I think that not enough voltage is being applied to the circuit, because if I apply 18V dc to the circuit it will latch the solenoid, but out of the mains derived supply I am only getting about 10V.

TIA

Mark
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--
Markt

33* 10^4 pico farad, 250V but would have to be self-healing type, not
polyester

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Markt"
Please can anyone help me to identify a capacitor.

It is fitted to an MK Sentry RCD socket, it is fitted in position C6 and
is used as the mains dropper to power the RCD circuitry.

It's only markings are 334K250 on the top line and NIS~S82 on the bottom
line.

** Its a 330 nF cap rated at 250 volts DC - a very poor choice by the maker.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Nutcase Kook"

33* 10^4 pico farad, 250V but would have to be self-healing type, not
polyester

** Really ?

So polyester caps are not " self healing " ??

..... Phil

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Allison[_2_] View Post
"Markt"
Please can anyone help me to identify a capacitor.

It is fitted to an MK Sentry RCD socket, it is fitted in position C6 and
is used as the mains dropper to power the RCD circuitry.

It's only markings are 334K250 on the top line and NIS~S82 on the bottom
line.

** Its a 330 nF cap rated at 250 volts DC - a very poor choice by the maker.

...... Phil
Thanks Phil

I take it that you mean the working voltage is to low, what voltage would be appropriate?

Mark
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Markt"

'Phil Allison:

** Its a 330 nF cap rated at 250 volts DC - a very poor choice by the
maker.

I take it that you mean the working voltage is to low, what voltage
would be appropriate?

** Film caps rated for continuous use across the AC supply are special
types - known as class X1 or class X2

They are AC voltage rated, usually at 150 or 275 volts and carry logos from
agencies like UL.

...... Phil

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Allison[_2_] View Post
"Markt"

'Phil Allison:

** Its a 330 nF cap rated at 250 volts DC - a very poor choice by the
maker.

I take it that you mean the working voltage is to low, what voltage
would be appropriate?

** Film caps rated for continuous use across the AC supply are special
types - known as class X1 or class X2

They are AC voltage rated, usually at 150 or 275 volts and carry logos from
agencies like UL.

...... Phil
Thanks again Phil

I have seen X1 & X2 caps in the R.S. and Farnell books thanks for the advice.

Mark

How to size capacitor for capacitor run fan motor Andy[_15_] Electronics Repair 12 January 4th 10 09:38 PM
My Flux Capacitor is bigger than your Flux Capacitor. - FluxCapacitor.jpg (0/2) TralfamadoranJetPilot Electronic Schematics 0 August 19th 09 09:15 AM
capacitor swapu Home Repair 7 December 25th 08 05:53 PM
Capacitor Start, Capacitor Run Motor Robowang Electronics Repair 13 October 18th 06 08:11 PM
identify surface mount capacitor? [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 January 30th 06 08:33 PM