Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Harmon Kardon Citation 5.0 controller

I went on a home theater call yesterday and found that this unit
seemed to be stuck in standby mode. I was just seeing a green standby
LED and nothing else. I pulled it out and later confirmed the same
thing on the bench. After opening it however, now it never seems to go
to standby, in fact except for the main power switch you can't seem to
power it down. The blue "Citation" logo on the front panel lights blue
as though it is powering on but you can't seem to do anything from
there. I tried inputting an audio signal into analog input one, ( the
only input that seems to show a display). There is a level display on
the bar graph volume indicator but you can't seem to change it with
the up down volume buttons and there is no output out of the unit at
all. I didn't grab the remote for this thing when I was on the job. I
guess you need it to switch functions etc but I wonder if it would
have mattered just for a bench test. I would have thought that if you
put a signal into this thing somewhere you should be able to see it
coming out somewhere. Is anyone familiar with this controller? Thanks,
Lenny.