Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony HVR-V1U Camcorder

Hello All,

Received the above camera in for service, and took care of the mechanical
problems. Performing the alignments is something I've always done, as I have
all the jigs and software/ hardware... However, the one thing I'm missing are
the latest bulletins.

The problem is, I can't reset the hour meter. I've tried several times, and
like I said, I can do all the alignments, so I know how to use the remote and
follow directions in the manual. After turning blue, I pulled another V1U off
the shelf and tried to reset the drum hours and to my surprise, it wouldn't
hold either! I mean, you can go through the motions, but when you turn power
off and back on, the old data is still there!

There has to be a bulletin on this issue.. I'm pulling my hair out over here.
Can someone help me, please?

*** It's been a very long time since I've posted here - several years, in
fact. When I did have problems and needed help, there were always kind folks
out there that would give a hand, and for this I am grateful. Thank you!***