Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nightmare Samsung PTV

This Samsung HCN4767W projection set is really making a nuisance of
itself. It had a blown convergence IC when I acquired it, so I replaced them
both. It ran for a few days in the shop (about 6-8 hours a day), then blew
one of the same IC's again. I replaced them again, and also replaced the
convergence processor board. Again, it seemed to work fine for a few days,
but now the bloody IC's have blown again. The supply voltage to the IC's is
a solid 25V (pos. and neg.), well within the 50V max. supply voltage the
IC's are rated for. Both IC's are properly heatsinked, though they seem to
run quite hot - I assumed this was just normal. I've also gone through the
convergence board and power supply looking for caps up in ESR, but found
none.
The replacement IC's were supposed to be OEM, but I have to wonder just
how compatible they really are. It's the only explanation I can think of.
I'm tired of wasting time and money on this piece of junk. Unless I can be
certain any further replacement parts will work, I'm going to scrap it and
take my losses, which would be close to $300 as of right now. I will also
vow to never gamble on a Samsung again - they're nothing but trouble.
Any advice would be appreciated

nightmare job sm_jamieson UK diy 10 September 8th 10 09:19 PM
The Nightmare Is Over... Libby Loo Metalworking 0 January 21st 09 01:35 AM
Samsung part BN41-00001A for Samsung 520TFT Syncmaster monitor [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 5th 08 05:01 PM
My kitchen is a nightmare!!! Tammy T. Home Repair 13 March 3rd 06 01:32 AM
patio nightmare ! george UK diy 2 September 5th 03 03:31 PM