Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba CZ32V51 Wavy Edges

Set is a 1999 model, it works great but has these annoying wavy edges on
objects, especially text. Looks like a comb filter problem. I already
changed some bad caps to get the set running.... any ideas as to what else
is wrong here?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:15:21 -0700, Chris F. wrote:

Set is a 1999 model, it works great but has these annoying wavy edges on
objects, especially text. Looks like a comb filter problem. I already
changed some bad caps to get the set running.... any ideas as to what
else is wrong here?

Got a video signal generator, schematic showing proper wave forms at
certain test points in the video path and a 100 mhz scope? Or are you
just willing to shotgun parts? Is this just a hobby repair?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Chris F." wrote in message
Set is a 1999 model, it works great but has these annoying wavy edges on
objects, especially text. Looks like a comb filter problem. I already
changed some bad caps to get the set running.... any ideas as to what else
is wrong here?

You sure it's not just a crappy converter box? Some of those have REALLY
ugly looking output..