Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Icom IC-7000 VHF/UHF Transceiver "Adjustment Mode"

Hi Fred,

Just to see if the number, which is hexadecimal (digits from 0 - 9 plus
A - F) changes located above the F1, F2 buttons, by turning the Dial,
you don't need to input an audio tone. You need the tone to check the
new setting afterwards on a watt meter.

FYI:

On my display are the following (via TX adjustments)
for "PO" on 430M:

07 MIN

47 00DF 25%

71 019F 50%

0292 100%

B4 MAX

What are your numbers? I just want to see if they are far off from
mine.

Thank You Again, John N3AOF

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 19:05:05 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Would you please tell me if you can change the value on the display
beyond the "Total Gain"? Simply rotate the main Dial and see if the
number changes. On my IC-7000, no change occurs.

John-

I don't have the ability to inject 3mV @ 1.5KHz into the microphone
connector. Therefore I get zero output unless I speak or whistle into
the microphone. Just rotating the main dial makes no difference. I
don't see a number, just the output scale that reads up to 100.

I see that for "TX Total Gain(430M)", the correct output setting is 17.5
Watts. It isn't until a later step that you set (Po Max(430M) for 35
Watts.

If you can't get the power up to either value, the UHF amplifier module
may have a problem. Since it isn't completely dead, you may decide to
keep it that way rather than pay the price for a replacement. I
wouldn't be surprised if you can buy a used IC-7000 for little more than
the price of the module!

I'm sure I pressed the "F-4 (SET)" button. I suppose there could be a
firmware upgrade needed.

Fred
K4DII

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---