Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default No Subject

送信者: "Michael Kennedy" mike@com
件名 : Opened laptop battery to replace lithium ion cells (Lenovo X61
tablet PC) -- Where do I get replacement battery cells?
日時 : 2010年9月17日 13:40

"JoeSchmoe" wrote in message
Have you ever opened up your laptop battery to replace the lithium ion
cells inside (if so, I could use the help as I'm stuck).

Here are the pictures of the operation on a Lenovo X61 tablet PC 8-cell
4500 amp-hour battery kidney-transplant operation.

The outside of the IBM Lenovo X61 tablet PC battery pack has the part
numbers:
- FRU 42T4507
- ASM 42T5209

And the batteries themselves, seem to have numbers on them of:
- cylinders BCM 3A6 72653
- rectangles C 3 171353

Any idea where to obtain these lithium ion replacement batteries?

I think these are the batteries you are looking for. Measure your bateries
and compare them to the specs for 18650 Li-ion batteries. I suggest
googleing for a 18650 Panasonic with tabs.

http://www.onlybatteries.com/cat_featured_items.asp?cat1=27&cat=2&id=163&uid=11 07
I have no expirence with this site. Just the first hit on Google.

Some come with tabs welded to them so you can solder them togeather eaisly
and avoid destroying the battery via heat. If they are the right size and
right chemestry (Li-ion vs. NIMH) they should work. The mAh rating will
probably be higher on
new batteries than the originals becuase of advancements in battery
technology.

Just be careful and dont get these things too hot while soldering. They have
been known to burst into flames like a flare. But thats why I suggest the
tabbed verison.

Mike