Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Voice Chip, any ideas?

Hi,

I'm looking for a voice chip that can save 5-10 audio files(10-15s
long) and can play them one after the other by sending 5V to the input
(one audio with every pulse).

I bought a chip from Windbond (ISD17120SYI), which is a multi-message,
single-chip voice record and playback (although I don't need
recording). But this one has been discontinued. Apart from that this
one had a lot of extra features that I will not be using...

Does anyone know a manufacturer that has one of these?

Thanks!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:09:07 -0700 (PDT), ibarrola
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a voice chip that can save 5-10 audio files(10-15s
long) and can play them one after the other by sending 5V to the input
(one audio with every pulse).

I bought a chip from Windbond (ISD17120SYI), which is a multi-message,
single-chip voice record and playback (although I don't need
recording). But this one has been discontinued. Apart from that this
one had a lot of extra features that I will not be using...

Does anyone know a manufacturer that has one of these?

Thanks!!!

Don't know of sources for that chip, but this might be an alternative.

The Somo 14D stores voice (or other sound) on a micro-SD card, so you
have nearly unlimited storage (number and duration of sounds). The
Somo 14D runs in two modes - mucroprocessor control or key. In key
mode, the controls are On, Off, Next, where a low on Next plays the
next file.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=73

I have one waiting for me on the bench now - just haven't been able to
get to it (waiting while hand surgery heals gets old fast).

Sparkfun in the US usually carries the chip but are out of stock
today:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9534

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ibarrola wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a voice chip that can save 5-10 audio files(10-15s
long) and can play them one after the other by sending 5V to the input
(one audio with every pulse).

I bought a chip from Windbond (ISD17120SYI), which is a multi-message,
single-chip voice record and playback (although I don't need
recording). But this one has been discontinued. Apart from that this
one had a lot of extra features that I will not be using...

Does anyone know a manufacturer that has one of these?

Thanks!!!

OKI Semiconductor makes a bunch of sound chips that probably cover what
you want to do.

Voice chips? Chuck[_10_] Electronics Repair 1 February 11th 08 04:39 AM
Voice recorder problem! Please help if you can... [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 July 19th 06 04:02 PM
ditital voice Jeff Electronics 3 June 15th 04 12:54 PM
Electro Voice AP2600A Pwr Amp t.hoehler Electronics Repair 2 February 5th 04 07:21 PM
Advice on how locating ( Chip FA4111 & chip M52722P) in the UK ? (for a vgood 21" monitor) Chris Electronics 1 January 29th 04 03:46 AM