Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Simple hack to get $1500 to your home.

Mark Zacharias wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

PeterD wrote:

Ah, you know what they say: "Make it more expensive if no one wants it
at the current price..."

It worked for my uncle when he sold his farm back in the '50s. No
one wanted his mules for $25 each, so he waited a few weeks and offered
them for $75 each. They sold the same day.

I sometimes see this on eBay. Never understood it really, though I'm sure it
works sometimes.

There was a really beautiful Yokogawa 5.5 digit multimeter which failed to
sell at 199.00 so the seller relisted at 299.00 then finally at 399.00.

Never did sell as far as I know...

Another true story: I was at the Dayton hamfest about 25 years ago
when a friend walked up and saw people buying a lot of things from me.
He said he had a lot of the same things, and hadn't sold anything. I
had another friend watch my stuff while we went to his tables. I saw
his problem, right away. Everything was too cheap. To a lot of people
it said, that the merchandise was either defective or stolen, and they
wouldn't touch it. I ripped up all his price tags and wrote new tags.
He was telling me that I was crazy, but people started buying his parts
& equipment, so I headed back to my spot.

He came back at the end of the day to tell me that he had sold almost
everything, but he still couldn't understand what happened. I explained
how I priced my merchandise at hamfests: You make a quick trip around
the market, looking at prices. If i saw something for $2 in one spot
and $5 at another I would split the difference. That would be $3.50, so
I would round it up to $4.00 to keep from needing too much change. It
also gave me a little room to dicker, since people would want to knock a
dollar off of two, at that price.

I went to one hamfest with a $20 bill, and $35 worth of equipment. By
the end of the day I had made over $200, and had a van full of used test
equipment and parts. I had sold everything in the first 15 minutes, so
I went out and spent all the money. I couldn't leave till the event was
over, so I just sat behind my van to talk to friends as they passed.
People saw what I had bought, and didn't care that I had sold out of
everything. They offered me more than what the purchases were worth to
me, so I sold it all. I went out again, and spent all the money, then
went back to my truck. I was cleaned out again, and made one last trip
to buy stuff for my shop.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.