Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Delphi XM SkyFi2 Radio Power Source Polarity?

Hello all...

I recently picked up a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio receiver and car mount
at a garage sale. Everything except the power adapter was included.
The rating on the car dock states that six volts DC is required, but
no polarity is given. I have a number of well regulated six volt DC
power adapters, so that is not a problem.

I'd imagine it to be center positive, but I'd like to confirm that
without smoking anything, since I've wanted to listen to satellite
radio for some time. (The price of a new receiver is ridiculous,
especially if you want one for your home stereo equipment.)

William
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message
Hello all...

I recently picked up a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio receiver and car mount
at a garage sale. Everything except the power adapter was included.
The rating on the car dock states that six volts DC is required, but
no polarity is given. I have a number of well regulated six volt DC
power adapters, so that is not a problem.

I'd imagine it to be center positive, but I'd like to confirm that
without smoking anything, since I've wanted to listen to satellite
radio for some time. (The price of a new receiver is ridiculous,
especially if you want one for your home stereo equipment.)

William

Is there an audio out RCA socket or similar ? If so, the ground side of that
will be common
with the power ground. Failing that, take the back off and 'buzz' the tuner
screening can back to
the power socket, or look at the polarity of any protection diodes or
decoupling electrolytics across
the power socket.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William R. Walsh" writes:

I'd imagine it to be center positive, but I'd like to confirm that
without smoking anything, since I've wanted to listen to satellite
radio for some time.

The manual's available from he
http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/...845/cl1/skyfi2

It says "Power: 6V, 1000 mA maximum current, P13 connector, positive
polarity" (with a picture of a centre-positive connector).

--
Adam Sampson http://offog.org/
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William R. Walsh wrote:
Hello all...

I recently picked up a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio receiver and car mount
at a garage sale. Everything except the power adapter was included.
The rating on the car dock states that six volts DC is required, but
no polarity is given. I have a number of well regulated six volt DC
power adapters, so that is not a problem.

I'd imagine it to be center positive, but I'd like to confirm that
without smoking anything, since I've wanted to listen to satellite
radio for some time. (The price of a new receiver is ridiculous,
especially if you want one for your home stereo equipment.)

William

A CONVICTED pedophile, who was caught living next to a child care
centre, had videos of children crying on his mobile phone, a court was
told. Police allegedly discovered Christopher Noel Gay was living next
door to an Ipswich child care centre last week.

Gay was convicted in 2002 of seven charges of indecent treatment of a
child aged under 12 and one charge of indecent assault relating to
offences committed in 1993 and 1994. He was sentenced to two years jail
wholly suspended for four years and was declared a registered child sex
offender for 15 years.

People placed on the Child Protection Offender Registry must report to
police annually and tell the authorities about any change in residential
address, job or car registration.

But police allege Gay failed to report after being released from prison,
failed to keep his annual reporting obligations and did not inform
police that he started living next to the child care centre.

Gay was arrested on Friday and pleaded guilty to traffic offences.

But the 45-year-old was released from custody after being granted bail
in Ipswich Magistrates Court before detectives could provide a formal
objection.

Police arrested Gay again on Saturday and yesterday successfully applied
to revoke his bail.

Prosecutor Sergeant Kevin Carmont told the court Gay provided the
address next to the child care centre when he was given bail on Friday.

€śIt causes a great deal of alarm to the community at large and the
prosecution,€ť Sgt Carmont said.

Sgt Carmont said Gays phone contained photos and video footage of
crying children, which while not of a sexual or criminal nature, was
worrying.

Defence lawyer Amanda Robinson said her client, who is unemployed, did
not realise the home was next to a child care centre.

But Magistrate Donna MacCallum pointed out Gay allegedly told police he
had lived at the home from €śtime to time€ť.

Ms Robinson said Gay believed he only had to report annually for eight
years and could live with his sister in Inala €“ but the address is
within one kilometre of a primary school.

Ms MacCallum refused bail and Gay was remanded in custody.

Gay is expected to next face court on three charges of failing to comply
with reporting conditions on July 2.

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/06/0...to-child-care/
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/8/2010 3:22 AM Traci Steele spake thus:

William R. Walsh wrote:

I recently picked up a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio receiver and car mount
at a garage sale. Everything except the power adapter was included.
The rating on the car dock states that six volts DC is required, but
no polarity is given. I have a number of well regulated six volt DC
power adapters, so that is not a problem.

I'd imagine it to be center positive, but I'd like to confirm that
without smoking anything, since I've wanted to listen to satellite
radio for some time. (The price of a new receiver is ridiculous,
especially if you want one for your home stereo equipment.)

A CONVICTED pedophile, who was caught living next to a child care
centre, had videos of children crying on his mobile phone, a court was
told. Police allegedly discovered Christopher Noel Gay was living next
door to an Ipswich child care centre last week.

[...]

What's up with all this ****ing off-topic law-enforcement-oriented SPAM
popping up here today???

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
What's up with all this ****ing off-topic law-enforcement-
oriented SPAM popping up here today???

Traci's lonely.

Jeff

--
€śEgotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.€ť
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/8/2010 3:05 PM Jeffrey D Angus spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

What's up with all this ****ing off-topic law-enforcement-
oriented SPAM popping up here today???

Traci's lonely.

Yeah, "Traci" my ass. I bet both Traci and "Lynn" are fat guys with beer
bellies and tank-tops.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/8/2010 2:58 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

(...)

What's up with all this ****ing off-topic law-enforcement-oriented SPAM
popping up here today???

I dunno either, but he masqueraded as you 3x.

1: Path: news3.newsguy.com!extra.newsguy.com!npeersf01.iad. highwinds-media.com!npeer01.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!postnews.google.com!news3.google.com!fee der.news-service.com!news.k-dsl.de!aioe.org!not-for-mail
2: Path: news3.newsguy.com!extra.newsguy.com!npeersf01.iad. highwinds-media.com!npeer03.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.c om!news.glorb.com!aioe.org!not-for-mail
3: Path: news3.newsguy.com!extra.newsguy.com!npeersf01.iad. highwinds-media.com!npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu!feeder.erje.net!new s.mixmin.net!aioe.org!not-for-mail

--Winston