Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Auto Iris CCTV Video Camera Lens Pinout Old Cosmicar TV Pinhole similar to C30904

I'd like to know if anyone could point me to info regarding the 5-wire
circuit in this older, discontinued Cosmicar pinhole video camera lens.

The unpowered state of the iris is closed, and by carefully applying some
voltages, after making some resistance checks, I was able to open the iris.
I can use the lens with the iris open, but if I could find out the correct
cable connections, this may allow me to use the auto-iris feature as
intended.

The specs I've found for the C30904 (similar model) a
Format: 2/3"
Iris: Auto/Video (I believe this means the iris is driven by the camera's
video level)

Externally, the markings consist of:
Cosmicar Pinhole TV Lens
EX 9mm 1:3.4 Made in Japan
Marked holes for adjusting Level and ALC pots on the circuit board
The overall length is about 6.5".

Inside the lens housing, I've found the following circuit board markings:
Servoeye EX
PC-50 S-208985

The connector that was on the lens cable was a mini Hirose 6-pin, with only
3 wires connected, and didn't appear to be a factory-installed original
connector.

The wires in the cable a
Black
Red
Green
White
Yellow

The 3 wires that were connected in the Hirose connector were Black, Red and
White.

Applying 5-9Vdc to the blk(-) and red(+), the iris will open (full open at
about 9V).

When grn is connected to blk (-) (with voltage applied at blk/red), the iris
closes.

A voltage output is seen on whi and yel of about 2V with 5V applied to
blk/red, or about 3V with 9V applied to blk/red.

BTW, I've seen commercial converters for sale, for changing between video
and DC controlled auto-iris types.

--
Cheers,
WB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Red 9 to 12 Volts +
Black 0 Volts
White Video signal
Green High to force iris open.
Yellow Don't Know!

Hope that helps

John.

Auto Iris lenses Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 1 October 14th 09 02:13 AM
Cutting a lens down and a camera adapter [email protected] Metalworking 6 March 6th 09 06:02 AM
Adhesive for camera lens cap Malcolm Stewart UK diy 3 October 9th 06 10:01 AM
WOODEN PINHOLE CAMERA J T Woodworking 1 September 27th 06 05:55 AM
Need to adapt a fiber optic as a lens to a video camera lens,can anyone help me out? Rich Grise Electronics 0 October 19th 03 11:33 PM