Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PCB Designing software

Please can anyone show me an easy- to- use PCB software that can
automaticaly prepare a circuit board after drawing the schematic
diagram? Or one that you just mount the components to get PCB.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Please can anyone show me an easy- to- use PCB software that can
automaticaly prepare a circuit board after drawing the schematic
diagram? Or one that you just mount the components to get PCB.

Hi, I recently used the services of
http://www.expresspcb.com/ the
service was excellent, probably not as sophisticated as some but the
miniPCB deal (Three 2.5"x3.8" boards for $50) is excellent, quality was
good, fast shipping with DC etc.
JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Please can anyone show me an easy- to- use PCB software that can
automaticaly prepare a circuit board after drawing the schematic
diagram? Or one that you just mount the components to get PCB.

You should be able to find the shareware versions of IVEX Windraft
and WinBoard on the web for download. The product is no longer
supported, and has a bit of a learning curve. I think the free version
has a 100 pin limit. Product had a few bugs and went through several
revisions, but it should do what you want.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:06:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Please can anyone show me an easy- to- use PCB software that can
automaticaly prepare a circuit board after drawing the schematic
diagram? Or one that you just mount the components to get PCB.

There probably is nothing that can do a reasonable job of
"automatically" creating a board layout, given just the schematic (but I
could be wrong). However, there are packages that have schematic capture
and board layout components that work together to assist *you* to create
the layout.

KiCad http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and gEDA
http://www.gpleda.org/ are each free, open source suites with schematic
capture and board layout.

KiCad has a reasonably active and supportive user community and is
available in versions for both Linux and MS Windows. The principal
author's homepage is over at http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/kicad/

I'm less familiar with gEDA. As far as I know, there is not an official
MS Windows distribution available. DJ Delorie may drop by with more
info, though...

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Please can anyone show me an easy- to- use PCB software that can
automaticaly prepare a circuit board after drawing the schematic
diagram? Or one that you just mount the components to get PCB.

ExpressSCH and ExpressPCB are two freebies that I have. They are reasonably
simple and easy to use. The PCB designer is not an autorouter, but if you
attach the netlist of a schematic produced by the drawing package, the PCB
package will guide you through making the correct connections between your
manually placed components, to satisfy the schematic.

Arfa