Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony KV-2784R horiz problem

Sony KV-2784R died - horiz collapse - fuse F501 blown - pressing power
button causes TV to try to start then stops - very soft high freq buzz
is heard. Remote control will not start it. HOT and all diodes in area
test OK with ohmmeter. Fuse is somewhat blackened at end where it
seperated, so it wasn't a slight overload. I do not have schematics.
Is there any history of common component failures here.Just for ref, I
am very technical and had a repair shop in the 80's - this was built
11/86 - just after I closed the shop. So speak to me at that level,
thx.