Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How would you test a sensitive gate TRIAC?

Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041 TRIAC
is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone have
any ideas? TIA for any help...

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave wrote in message
Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041

TRIAC
is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone

have
any ideas? TIA for any help...

Dave

I use a stand alone lamp dimmer with the triac removed and extended to a
test socket

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Dave wrote in message
Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041

TRIAC
is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone

have
any ideas? TIA for any help...

Dave

I use a stand alone lamp dimmer with the triac removed and extended to a
test socket

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm

Aaahh. Thank you. That is something I can shoot for. Was thinking I
needed to build some kind of test jig, but that is a better idea. Many
thanks,

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in message ...
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:34:23 -0600, "Dave" wrote:

Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041
TRIAC
is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone
have
any ideas? TIA for any help...

Dave

Replace it, they're cheep, 2 bucks. If it's an NTE marked part # it's
been replaced before.

Yeah, I just wanted to know how to test it, to maybe save a trip across
town by bus. If my candy store stocks this part, I may just do that though.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Meat Plow wrote:

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:34:23 -0600, "Dave" wrote:

Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041 TRIAC
is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone have
any ideas? TIA for any help...

Dave

Replace it, they're cheep, 2 bucks. If it's an NTE marked part # it's
been replaced before.

Dave-

Since it appears to have been replaced before, you should think about
what made it fail.

Using the same TRIAC could lead to another failure. It is possible that
the NTE56041 is not a correct replacement for the original failed TRIAC.
Unfortunately you may not have the original part, so you can't double
check the cross reference.

You might examine the application to determine maximum voltage and
current, and verify the NTE part should work. See
http://www.nteinc.com/ for specs.

Fred

TRIAC gate control problem dgleeson422111 Electronics 22 May 25th 09 08:13 PM
Triac vs scr 42[_3_] Electronics 0 May 10th 09 08:31 AM
Mains Triac replacement Gareth Magennis Electronics Repair 2 July 28th 08 09:29 PM
Test a Washing Machine Triac [email protected] UK diy 3 November 12th 06 08:41 PM
Triac protection Malcolm Electronics Repair 5 August 16th 03 01:17 PM