Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who says incandescent lamps are dead ?

http://eetweb.com/lighting/incandescentlamps030510/

bob
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bob urz is a ****wit "

http://eetweb.com/lighting/incandescentlamps030510/

** That article is highly misleading bunk - appears it only covers the unit
SALES figures.

Impossible to say for sure as the article does not say.

If it IS for unit sales, one would expect the sales rate of a lamp that
lasts 5 to 10 times longer to be slower by that some amount. So, with 22%
of unit sales at present, CFLs likely represent over 50% of lamps in
service.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bob urz wrote:
http://eetweb.com/lighting/incandescentlamps030510/

bob

Short circuit lighting is on the way out.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 9, 2:49*pm, LSMFT wrote:
bob urz wrote:
http://eetweb.com/lighting/incandescentlamps030510/

bob

Short circuit lighting is on the way out.

I hope bob is making good money on all of these links...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"LSMFT" wrote in message
bob urz wrote:
http://eetweb.com/lighting/incandescentlamps030510/

bob

Short circuit lighting is on the way out.

Bit too cryptic for me ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2010-03-09, Phil Allison wrote:
If it IS for unit sales, one would expect the sales rate of a lamp that
lasts 5 to 10 times longer to be slower by that some amount. So, with 22%
of unit sales at present, CFLs likely represent over 50% of lamps in
service.

In our home they represent 0% of lamps in service. (I have a large
supply of incandescents socked away so will be able to continue using
them despite any illicit government ban. Screw the environmentalists,
hunt 'em down like the rabid animals they are.)

--
Roger Blake
(Change "invalid" to "com" for email. Google Groups killfiled due to spam.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2010-03-09, Phil Allison wrote:
If it IS for unit sales, one would expect the sales rate of a lamp that
lasts 5 to 10 times longer to be slower by that some amount. So, with
22%
of unit sales at present, CFLs likely represent over 50% of lamps in
service.

In our home they represent 0% of lamps in service. (I have a large
supply of incandescents socked away so will be able to continue using
them despite any illicit government ban. Screw the environmentalists,
hunt 'em down like the rabid animals they are.)

--
Roger Blake

Cheers loudly !!!! Up the citizens !!!! :-)

Arfa