Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony PS-LX510

Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail
but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the
little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Madness wrote in message
Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail
but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the
little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

The 520 repair manual doesn't seem to mention lubrication

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Madness wrote:

Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail
but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the
little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

Lithium grease (white) for lube. A friend of mine has a source for
replacement belts. I will track it down and post it.

Do you have a good source for P-mount cartridges?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 18 ene, 14:57, Madness wrote:
Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail
but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the
little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

if this is similar to other linear decks I've worked on, you will
indeed need to replace the small belt (s) responsible for moving the
arm itself. My local parts dealer gets this kind of thing from Molgar
or könig. CPC and charles hyde in the Uk may also be sources.

-B.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/18/2010 4:13 PM, UCLAN wrote:
Madness wrote:

Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the
rail but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for
the little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

Lithium grease (white) for lube. A friend of mine has a source for
replacement belts. I will track it down and post it.

Do you have a good source for P-mount cartridges?

Sorry to not return as I was sick. But, yes, if you can find the belt,
I'd much appreciate it! As for cartridges, this unit came w/ the
original Sony VL-45G & I bought some new styli from eBay.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Madness wrote:

Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the
rail but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for
the little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

Lithium grease (white) for lube. A friend of mine has a source for
replacement belts. I will track it down and post it.

Do you have a good source for P-mount cartridges?

Sorry to not return as I was sick. But, yes, if you can find the belt,
I'd much appreciate it! As for cartridges, this unit came w/ the
original Sony VL-45G & I bought some new styli from eBay.

Above mentioned friend is in New Zealand until mid or late February. I
sent him email, but he said his reference book is at his house and he
won't be able to check it out until he returns. Sorry. He said in the
meantime try http://www.turntablebasics.com/ or better yet, try:

http://www.elexatelier.com/sony.htm

which lists:

Sony PS-LX510 turntable tonearm belt replacement $12.90

Good luck!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sony PS-LX510 turntable tonearm belt replacement $12.90

Good luck!

Quite a bit of dough for a little rubber band! But I'll check it out.
Thanks!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/18/2010 4:40 PM, b wrote:
On 18 ene, 14:57, wrote:
Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust& dirt off the rail
but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the
little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

if this is similar to other linear decks I've worked on, you will
indeed need to replace the small belt (s) responsible for moving the
arm itself. My local parts dealer gets this kind of thing from Molgar
or könig. CPC and charles hyde in the Uk may also be sources.

-B.

I had forgotten that I had some leftovers from a belt kit, that I got
several years ago, for re-belting a Sony SL-5200 Beta. Found one that
fit! Still needing to locate the white lithium grease, but it least it's
playing through w/o sticking.

Would also lover to source a copy of the owners' manual; or least, what
the little slide-weight on the side of the tonearm is for (or what it
should be adjusted to). I had thought that all T4P cartridges tracked at
1.25g/f, leaving the necessity for that, a mystery to me! Did find a PDF
for the PS-LX520, but that one doesn't have the weight (go figure!).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Madness wrote in message
On 1/18/2010 4:40 PM, b wrote:
On 18 ene, 14:57, wrote:
[...]