Junior Member

Location: West London
Default Eizo Monitor repair

I have an Eizo L565 flat screen monitor. It dates from around 2002 and is a high quality display particularly suited to photographic editing which is why I bought it.

It has new developed a dark patch in one corner and the colours seem rather dim. The display shows great angle of view tolerance and no banding at all between full white and black in calibration tests. It is much, much better than my 2008 Samsung 22" in these respect and so worth keeping.

Are these flat screen displays ecomonomic to repair in general? Is it likely to be possible as a DIY project?

If so, does anyone know any good part suppliers? Or even reliable repair shops in the west London area?

I'm loathe to ditch this monitor since a suitably capable replacement is going to cost over £500 even now, 7 years later. Any advice gratefully received!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Pargeter wrote:
[...]

See if you can get at the FL tubes in the display.
Your description points at a bad tube.
Replace them .
Junior Member

Location: West London

[/i][/color]
See if you can get at the FL tubes in the display.
Your description points at a bad tube.
Replace them .[/quote]

I'll try that. thanks.