Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crate BV150H tube/valve amp

According to owner , bought it off company rep a few years ago and is export
version prototype.
Blew a fuse a few weeks back , runs still ,after fuse change (self heeled
cap?) but excessive hum.
450V rating ps electros but I measure 488V on the HT rail and varying ac (4
to 5 volt ac measured via 1uF, 1500V polyprop), perhaps seriesed-up, but 3
in there, I've not taken apart yet.
The neon lit mains switch looks more like a light bulb , runs too hot to
keep your finger on, I suspect droppers for USA mains inside. No serial
number on the chassis. Have yet to test the valves but I suspect probably
ok, any advice on dealing with the HT/caps issue? What is the HT rail
supposed to be for USA issue ones ? Any schematic for the pa / ps anywhere ?