DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Feck!! New Pan HDTV has developed line of stuck pixels!! Fixable? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/289808-feck-new-pan-hdtv-has-developed-line-stuck-pixels-fixable.html)

[email protected] October 20th 09 01:48 AM

Feck!! New Pan HDTV has developed line of stuck pixels!! Fixable?

I bought a 32" Pan LCD 1080p TV set from NewEgg abt 2
weeks ago

Today I turned it on and noticed a very thin "line"
down far right side!

Anyway to fix myself.... or am I stuck sending it back
to NewEgg?

hr(bob) [email protected] October 20th 09 01:54 AM

On Oct 19, 7:48*pm, wrote:
I bought a 32" Pan LCD 1080p TV set from NewEgg abt 2
weeks ago

Today I turned it on and noticed a very thin "line"
down far right side!

Anyway to fix myself.... or am I stuck sending it back
to NewEgg?

Did you try unlugging the set from the wall, letting it sit for a few
minutes and then restarting it?

William Sommerwerck October 20th 09 02:43 AM

Feck!! New Pan HDTV has developed line of stuck pixels!! Fixable?

Can you connect the set to your computer? There are programs that "exercise"
the pixels to unstick them.

Michael Kennedy[_2_] October 20th 09 11:38 AM

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Can you connect the set to your computer? There are programs that
"exercise"
the pixels to unstick them.

Does that really work?

Chuck October 20th 09 03:31 PM

Feck!! New Pan HDTV has developed line of stuck pixels!! Fixable?

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:38:30 +0900, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Can you connect the set to your computer? There are programs that
"exercise"
the pixels to unstick them.

Does that really work?

It sometimes works on lcd computer monitors if they has a few always
on pixels. Chuck